Chapala.com Webboard

BBVA Bancomer Request for Fiscal Information

mkshawn

We are BBVA on line customers have been for years 15± Just went online & while I can see our balance they seem to be blocking any data till I give them additional Information.

CANADA
COUNTRIES WITH TAX RESIDENCE
Enter or update the countries where you have tax residence.
Add more
ADD DATA OF THE COUNTRY WITH FISCAL RESIDENCE Country Tax ID number
Update your tax information.
You must fill in all the fields!
 SECTIONS ACCOUNT

We are Canadian Citizens with a Tax relationship with Canada only. No investments or earnings in Mexico where we are Residente Permenante.

Anyone else been asked for this? I have entered my Passport # but it seems they want my SIN # which by law we are not to divulge.

Our Spanish is limited however I do need to get around this. Maybe calling Preferred Customer 800 number. Anyone know the Number

Edited by mkshawn
Clarity on Preferred Customer 800 number

Could be related to bank requirements under CRS (Common Reporting Standard), aka as GATCA Global Account Tax Compliance Act.  Both Canada and Mexico are signatories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Reporting_Standard

https://www.goldinglawyers.com/mexico-gatca-and-crs-compliance-oecd-international-tax-lawyers/

2 hours ago, mkshawn said:

We are BBVA on line customers have been for years 15± Just went online & while I can see our balance they seem to be blocking any data till I give them additional Information.

CANADA
COUNTRIES WITH TAX RESIDENCE
Enter or update the countries where you have tax residence.
Add more
ADD DATA OF THE COUNTRY WITH FISCAL RESIDENCE Country Tax ID number
Update your tax information.
You must fill in all the fields!
 SECTIONS ACCOUNT

We are Canadian Citizens with a Tax relationship with Canada only. No investments or earnings in Mexico where we are Residente Permenante.

Anyone else been asked for this? I have entered my Passport # but it seems they want my SIN # which by law we are not to divulge.

Our Spanish is limited however I do need to get around this. Maybe calling Preferred Customer 800 number. Anyone know the Number

800 228-2728  they will answer in English. Have one of your cards handy they will want a number. 

We have not had any luck getting through to BBVA? We are in Canada using a VOIP phone

The combinations are exhausting:

800.228.2728 as suggested then we tried the following below:

01.800.etc or sub 880 for 800 or sub 833 for 866

001.800.etc add 001.52.800 or sub 880 for 800 or sub 833 for 866

All we get is a loud rising & failing tone. So all help is appreciated