Chapala.com Webboard

Weekly Increases in Covid Cases in Chapala

Weekly case increases between July 2nd and Oct. 8th in Chapala. Data from Official Jalisco State Government Covid site, https://coronavirus.jalisco.gob.mx/

Date             Cases       New Weekly Cases

July 2nd         33            -

July 9th          36             3

July  16th       37              1

July  23rd       41             4

July 30th        43             2

Aug. 6th          52             9

Aug. 13th        61              9

Aug. 20th        74            13

Aug. 27th         87           13

Sept. 3rd          94            7

Sept. 10th        98            4

Sept. 17th       112           14

Sept. 24th      123           11

Oct. 1st           133           10

Oct. 8th          148           15

• Thanks 1

• Bisbee Gal changed the title to Weekly Increases in Covid Cases in Chapala

My daily and weekly data are from the Jalisco site because it is more comprehensive than the Federal site. 

However it was easier to find deaths at the Federal site, so the following stats are from that site.  I am using their MONTHLY data.  Current deaths in Chapala remain at 9, as of yesterday.

DEATHS Reported by MONTH by the Federal Salud site:

As Of            Accumulated Deaths         New Deaths Reported During Month

June 30th                 1                                     -

July 31st                   4                                     3

Aug. 31st                  5                                     1

Sept. 30th                9                                     4

1 hour ago, SunFan said:

Seems like the virus is just now hitting Lakeside. The worst may be yet to come.

SunFan

Can/will you give me some feedback as to your 'source' used in making this statement? Is it just your personal observation or ?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, RickS said:

Can/will you give me some feedback as to your 'source' used in making this statement? Is it just your personal observation or ?

Bit snarky today are we?

Can you see at trend in the numbers presented by Bisbee Gal?

SunFan

Weekly case increases between July 2nd and Oct. 8th in Chapala. Data from Official Jalisco State Government Covid site, https://coronavirus.jalisco.gob.mx/

Date             Cases       New Weekly Cases

July 2nd         33            -

July 9th          36             3

July  16th       37              1

July  23rd       41             4

July 30th        43             2

Aug. 6th          52             9

Aug. 13th        61              9

Aug. 20th        74            13

Aug. 27th         87           13

Sept. 3rd          94            7

Sept. 10th        98            4

Sept. 17th       112           14

Sept. 24th      123           11

Oct. 1st           133           10

Oct. 8th          148           15

From Facebook with their translation:

Business will be closed for 12 hours a day and full weekends; for at least 14 days.
Everything seems to indicate that in the next few hours the government of Jalisco will announce the strategy after the imminent entry into force of the emergency button.
What is unofficially known is that non-essential businesses will work only from 6 am to 19 pm and at that time they will have to work, the weekends these businesses will not be able to open. Commercial places will be closed from Friday at 19 p.m. to Monday at 6 am in full.
Business if essentials already known as: pharmacies, hospitals, convenience stores, super markets among others will work normally.

13 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

From Facebook with their translation:

Business will be closed for 12 hours a day and full weekends; for at least 14 days.
Everything seems to indicate that in the next few hours the government of Jalisco will announce the strategy after the imminent entry into force of the emergency button.
What is unofficially known is that non-essential businesses will work only from 6 am to 19 pm and at that time they will have to work, the weekends these businesses will not be able to open. Commercial places will be closed from Friday at 19 p.m. to Monday at 6 am in full.
Business if essentials already known as: pharmacies, hospitals, convenience stores, super markets among others will work normally.

Alfaro makes this announcement weekly on Sundays.  See below for what he posted an hour ago.  Sounds lie he has not hit El Buton this week, but some of the numbers are getting worse. 

https://www.facebook.com/EnriqueAlfaroR/

Enrique Alfaro Ramírez

Libramos una semana más. En los indicadores #COVID19 Jalisco de esta semana, la tasa de casos estimados por millón de habitantes bajó de 360 a 348, pero seguimos al límite de los 400 y, aunque la ocupación hospitalaria se mantiene estable, subimos del 19.3 % al 21 %.

A pesar de tener la segunda ciudad más grande de México, seguimos siendo uno de los estados con la menor tasa de mortalidad y de casos acumulados. Estamos a tiempo, retomemos el paso, evitemos el #BotónDeEmergencia y sigamos adelante con la reactivación de nuestra economía.

El llamado de responsabilidad es para todas y todos: a las autoridades municipales para que aprieten la vigilancia en el cumplimiento de los protocolos, a los negocios para que hagan su parte y a las personas para que se cuiden.

A las y los jóvenes, que hoy son la mayor parte de los contagios, un llamado a la conciencia y responsabilidad. Aunque la mayoría de ellos no cae al hospital cuando enferma, son quienes contagian a la población más vulnerable y eso puede costar la muerte de quienes más queremos.

We released one more week. In this week's #COVID19 Jalisco, the estimated case rate per million inhabitants fell from 360 to 348, but we continue to the limit of 400 and, although the hospital occupation remains stable, we climb the 19.3 % to 21 %.

Despite having Mexico's second largest city, we are still one of the states with the lowest rate of mortality and accumulated cases. We're on time, let's take it back, avoid the #ButtonDeEmergence and move forward with the reactivation of our economy.

The call for responsibility is for all and all: to the municipal authorities to tighten monitoring in compliance with protocols, businesses to do their part and people to take care of themselves.

To the young people, who are the most infections today, a call to awareness and responsibility. Although most of them don't fall to the hospital when they're sick, they're the ones who infect the most vulnerable and that can cost the death of those who love the most.

6 hours ago, RickS said:

Well it wasn't my intent to be snarky.  I thought that maybe you had some other information than what B-Gal was providing but maybe your were just commenting on her data.

When I look at this data, I see a fairly level # of new cases starting in August.... nothing alarming as to change to me..... and the previous low data easily could have been due to a lack of good testing. This last comment.... possibly inadequate testing certainly at Lakeside.... makes me take all of this will a huge grain of salt, not just Lakeside but Mexico-wide.