Chapala.com Webboard

Allergies anyone

For the past two weeks my allergies have been running rampant--nose, eyes and throat.  The only obvious cause I can see might be those beautiful yellow blooming bushes/trees up on the hillsides. All I can say is thank goodness for Loratadina and Kleenex.  Anyone, else experiencing this.  You know what they say, "misery loves company."

And the dust and the dry air; we haven't had any rain in over two weeks, very little dew in the morning and the humidity is dropping. I was hoping this bronchial/allergy stuff would hold off until into the new year.  cough, gag, snort, wheeze, hack ........

29 minutes ago, Floradude said:

For the past two weeks my allergies have been running rampant--nose, eyes and throat.  The only obvious cause I can see might be those beautiful yellow blooming bushes/trees up on the hillsides. All I can say is thank goodness for Loratadina and Kleenex.  Anyone, else experiencing this.  You know what they say, "misery loves company."

Same thing for me every year.  We live in Brisas de Chapala and have a mountain right behind us with huge, beautiful yellow bushes/trees.  My symptoms aren't bad enough to need to be medicated, though.  When the jacarandas bloom, that's when I need medicine.

2 hours ago, Brian Dalziel said:

North of the border, I had allergies in the summer time, but they cleared up in autumn after rains arrived.  Here, it's just the opposite -- my allergies really kick in during the rainy season.  One of the many mysteries of living in Mexico.

My allergies know no seasons. Fortunately I have a good stash of Buckley's.