Chapala.com Webboard

News from Lake Chapala Reporter/Puerto Vallarta Reporter/Guadalajara Reporter

5Jacks

After receiving unsolicited emails over the past week from the latter 2 media outlets and finding that the "unsubscribe" links within them led to "page not found" errors, I had the following email exchange with the "staff" there:

UNSUBSCRIBE ME IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!

Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 2:42 PM
To: Puerto Vallarta Reporter <info@puertovallartareporter.com>
Neither of the links to unsubscribe or manage subscriptions works, so this serves as your notice to IMMEDIATELY take me off ALL mailing lists that you maintain. And, I do mean IMMEDIATELY, as in midnight central time, 10/6/2020.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 4:22 PM <info@puertovallartareporter.com> wrote:

OR ELSE!!!!!!

Don't worry, I've unsubscribed you now. The unsubscribe links work
perfectly well for me when I try.

Staff

Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 5:33 PM
To: Puerto Vallarta Reporter <info@puertovallartareporter.com>

Thanks. 

Your reply is a perfect example of why one should not associate with you or any money-making endeavor you attempt. It doesn't matter that my demanding email sounded rude or threatening or contained any words in all uppercase; Customer Service 101 dictates that your response should have been gracious. Pointing out that a link works perfectly well for you when you try does nothing to solve the issue for someone else. Neither link worked for me and I tried it with 2 different browsers on 2 different days. Had any of them worked in the first place, I would not have had to email you.

> On Oct 6, 2020, at 5:57 PM, info@puertovallartareporter.com wrote:
>
> What a horrible human being you are. Good riddance.
>
> You won't believe this, probably, but I was a VP of  major IT company's customer support center. I grew up in that industry, and took SOOOOO much shit from so many people, and so did the wonderful people who worked for me.
>
> I resolved that if I was ever in a position be my own boss, I would never stand for it again.
>
> I've wasted too many brain cells on you already.
>
> Go fuck off.

I'm just reporting the facts as they appear in black and white and you all can draw your own conclusions. Funny, I just tried the "unsubscribe" links again and they are now working.

• Thanks 1

I had a similar exchange with her over the technical issues of her website, which were many.  I asked for a refund.  She said, FU, you'll never get it back. 

I sent all our back-and-forth emails to PayPal (the have a customer complaint portal).  PayPal refunded the entire amount I had paid, even though I had only asked for a pro-rated refund.

I suggest the OP and others who have been ripped of by Lisa, do the same.  Her "newspapers" copy stories from other online sources, crediting none of them.  Her own website malfunctions incessantly. 

Hit her where it hurts, the pocketbook.  

@5JacksPlease REMOVE the Guadalajara Reporter from your thread title; they are not related to the others.  You can edit the title by going to your initial post, and move your cursor to the Title line and edit it.  Thx.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

I had a similar exchange with her over the technical issues of her website, which were many.  I asked for a refund.  She said, FU, you'll never get it back. 

I sent all our back-and-forth emails to PayPal (the have a customer complaint portal).  PayPal refunded the entire amount I had paid, even though I had only asked for a pro-rated refund.

I suggest the OP and others who have been ripped of by Lisa, do the same.  Her "newspapers" copy stories from other online sources, crediting none of them.  Her own website malfunctions incessantly. 

Hit her where it hurts, the pocketbook.  

@5JacksPlease REMOVE the Guadalajara Reporter from your thread title; they are not related to the others.  You can edit the title by going to your initial post, and move your cursor to the Title line and edit it.  Thx.

But the same spam style email arrived from the Guadalajara Reporter yesterday along with one from the other two sources reported.  You are telling us that the Reporter's name is being used by Lisa Jorgensen?

3 minutes ago, bournemouth said:

But the same spam style email arrived from the Guadalajara Reporter yesterday along with one from the other two sources reported.  You are telling us that the Reporter's name is being used by Lisa Jorgensen?

No.  I am saying that Jorgensen has no relationship to the GDL Reporter (at least, that I know of).  I was simply pointing that out to @5Jacks .

Are you saying there IS a relationship between them???

1 hour ago, Upfront said:

there is NO relationship. jorgensnun has illegally used the title GUADALAJARA REPORTER in that email to con people. the spam style email you got bournemouth was the same as everyone from the scammer

Thanks Upfront.  So - does she have a relationship with the PV paper or is it purely her extending the market?

6 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

@Bisbee GalActually, one of her newsletters is called "Guadalajara Reporter." It has no connection with the weekly, The Guadalajara Reporter, that most of you pick up at a store or subscribe to online. Hers is guadalajarareporter.mx whereas the reputable one is theguadalajarareporter.net.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 5Jacks said:

@Bisbee GalActually, one of her newsletters is called "Guadalajara Reporter." It has no connection with the weekly, The Guadalajara Reporter, that most of you pick up at a store or subscribe to online. Hers is guadalajarareporter.mx whereas the reputable one is theguadalajarareporter.net.

Wow, can't believe she's gonna get away with that for long, pero quien sabe?  

28 minutes ago, Upfront said:

all she did was steal the name for obvious and stated reasons. i can call myself 5Jacks if i want.

Admittedly I don't now the laws in MX when it comes to this sort of thing.  In the US the ownership of a similar website is OK, but if she advertises herself as the GDL Reporter in a manner that someone could not distinguish between the two, the registered owner of that name would have some recourse.  

5Jacks, These unsolicited emails and your private exchange that you’ve published on the web board and Facebook Group pages sure have garnered some reaction from folks.  I avoid Jorgensen and don’t support her ventures but posting this everywhere makes you look as bad as you’re hoping to make her look.  It’s not funny at all.  It’s a bit akin to cyber bullying actually.  Know your Netiquette. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Dostortas said:

5Jacks, These unsolicited emails and your private exchange that you’ve published on the web board and Facebook Group pages sure have garnered some reaction from folks.  I avoid Jorgensen and don’t support her ventures but posting this everywhere makes you look as bad as you’re hoping to make her look.  It’s not funny at all.  It’s a bit akin to cyber bullying actually.  Know your Netiquette. 

Sorry don't know where you get your info but person did nothing wrong.  Your Netiquette stinks. You are being overly polite.  Lisa is a public figure not a private user.

24 minutes ago, Upfront said:

she put her own self out there. this is just one more in a lengthy litany of poor choices. when she began attacking the municipal govt i though she was a goner for sure. no such luck. it is GOOD netiquette to warn people of danger.

Looks more like public shaming than public warning.  

• Sad 5

3 hours ago, Dostortas said:

I don’t agree.  Referring to her as a public figure is a stretch.  

Hardly. Lisa has shown herself to fit the SCOTUS definition of obscene - no redeeming social value - time and time again since she arrived in 2012. You haven't been around long enough to appreciate the depths she can navigate.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Dostortas said:

@Dostortas I can appreciate your position, but I disagree with it, except for the part of it not being funny at all. It's not meant to be funny, and it's no joke.

How is it that you came to the decision to avoid her and her ventures? My goal in spreading this around was to inform others of what lurks beneath the façade. The only tool I have to cast a wider net is social media.

I wasn't hoping to make her look bad; she took care of doing that herself.

If my posts have spared even one person from purchasing a subscription from her, then I'm fine with being considered the bully and the one who looks bad here.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MtnMama said:

Hardly. Lisa has shown herself to fit the SCOTUS definition of obscene - no redeeming social value - time and time again since she arrived in 2012. You haven't been around long enough to appreciate the depths she can navigate.

Been here long before she got here, I’m more than well aware of her all shenanigans.  

39 minutes ago, 5Jacks said:

@Dostortas I can appreciate your position, but I disagree with it, except for the part of it not being funny at all. It's not meant to be funny, and it's no joke.

How is it that you came to the decision to avoid her and her ventures? My goal in spreading this around was to inform others of what lurks beneath the façade. The only tool I have to cast a wider net is social media.

I wasn't hoping to make her look bad; she took care of doing that herself.

If my posts have spared even one person from purchasing a subscription from her, then I'm fine with being considered the bully and the one who looks bad here.

I also appreciate your position and your intention to warn people.  However, you said you’re not a subscriber and you received unsolicited emails.  You didn’t get burned financially.  Also, reminds me a bit of those public freak out videos on YouTube where someone is rude to an employee and when the employee responds in the same manor they become offended because they should be providing good customer service.  Sometimes in life, you get back what you give out.  Regarding Nettiquette 101, it’s in poor taste to post personal conversations online for public viewing.  Maybe if somebody did that to you, you could appreciate why it just shouldn’t be done to others.  

On 10/7/2020 at 7:50 AM, Tingting said:

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! 5Jacks. I had the same spam/crap coming from that site with the same problem of "site not found," etc. I wrote directly to the site and FINALLY seem to be off her list. Where TF did she get our e-mails?

I've been thinking about your question, Tingting. Most likely, she purchases lists from outside sources. I haven't checked the privacy policies of this webboard yet, but obtaining the email addresses of its members would be like striking gold for her target market.

1 hour ago, Dostortas said:

I also appreciate your position and your intention to warn people.  However, you said you’re not a subscriber and you received unsolicited emails.  You didn’t get burned financially.  Also, reminds me a bit of those public freak out videos on YouTube where someone is rude to an employee and when the employee responds in the same manor they become offended because they should be providing good customer service.  Sometimes in life, you get back what you give out.  Regarding Nettiquette 101, it’s in poor taste to post personal conversations online for public viewing.  Maybe if somebody did that to you, you could appreciate why it just shouldn’t be done others.  

It's a conversation between a consumer and a business.  Nothing personal about it, other than the insults hurled by LJ.  

17 minutes ago, Dostortas said:

I also appreciate your position and your intention to warn people.  However, you said you’re not a subscriber and you received unsolicited emails.  You didn’t get burned financially.  Also, reminds me a bit of those public freak out videos on YouTube where someone is rude to an employee and when the employee responds in the same manor they become offended because they should be providing good customer service.  Sometimes in life, you get back what you give out.  Regarding Nettiquette 101, it’s in poor taste to post personal conversations online for public viewing.  Maybe if somebody did that to you, you could appreciate why it just shouldn’t be done others.  

I totally get your points made above and I am going to drop this after making a few final points here.

This was not a personal conversation between friends or acquaintances. This was an exchange between a business owner and a frustrated prospect. I see nothing wrong in making that exchange public in order to warn others of what they might be in for when dealing with this business owner.

Being called a horrible human being and told to go f**k off was so way beyond any level of rudeness contained within my responses that it put me into revenge mode.

So yes, sometimes in life, one gets back what one gives out.

• Like 6