Chapala.com Webboard

Best places to buy BP meds

10 minutes ago, Upfront said:

the last time i bought something at the walmart farm i got the fourth free with no card or anything. perhaps it is a policy

I always get carded.  Maybe some of us look younger than others, or, maybe the clerk followed protocol with me and asked to see my card.  Who knows, who cares as long as we get the discount.

Hydrochlorothiazide as a separate entity was cancelled here approx. 18 years ago.  No idea if it's been made available since.

Check Farmacia Ahorro in Chapala (main drag, NE corner of Flavio Romero) or Farmacia Campana in Ajjjic (  NW corner carretera and Juarez, one block west of Colon).  Between those two I get all our meds at great prices, and trust their products implicitly. Check prices because each one has better prices for some things than the other.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, blankletmusic said:

A box with how many tablets?

At Simi, 28 tablets in small bottle.  However, I just checked and they 10mg, not 20mg like you want.  I take 2 mg a day as my rx is for 20mg/day.  I do not have any information on purchasing 20mg tablets.  Sorry.

2 hours ago, blankletmusic said:

Why?

My urologist says they will sometimes substitute generic or substitute drugs for brand name drugs. This can cause problems (it did for me and my urologist's father). Check the label carefully.

1 minute ago, Upfront said:

there you go with the generics hate again

Never realized this could be a potential issue. I always thought they were the same thing. Buying generics (ex. Famotidine vs. Pepcid (I think it's Pepcid) offers a big savings.

I suppose it's the drug involved. Famotidine is an acid blocker. Something life sustaining like heart meds, perhaps?

15 minutes ago, blankletmusic said:

Never realized this could be a potential issue. I always thought they were the same thing. Buying generics (ex. Famotidine vs. Pepcid (I think it's Pepcid) offers a big savings.

I suppose it's the drug involved. Famotidine is an acid blocker. Something life sustaining like heart meds, perhaps?

It can certainly be a potential issue especially in Mexico.  Cheapest isn't always the best.

42 minutes ago, Upfront said:

there you go with the generics hate again

It's not a hate thing for those of us who know the difference between the two. I have never used generics. I prefer to use the brand product to support the company that spent millions developing the product even after their patent ran out but my main motivation is guaranteed  efficacy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Upfront said:

oh arent we dear. i prefer to save money especially knowing 99 TIMES OUT OF 100 THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE. but keep fooling yourself.

first of all you should read up on exactly how little company money is spent on research and how many TAX DOLLARS are spent instead. as provided to big pharma by our fed.

Mexico is giving tax money to big pharma?

5 minutes ago, Upfront said:

oh arent we dear. i prefer to save money especially knowing 99 TIMES OUT OF 100 THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE. but keep fooling yourself.

first of all you should read up on exactly how little company money is spent on research and how many TAX DOLLARS are spent instead. as provided to big pharma by our fed.

How about I was a pharma company product manager. That's a person who has full responsibility for a product or group of products and knowledge of the competitors. One thing among many others is knowing chemical formulas and the diagrams of same and actually understanding them. When I started my first ad agency,I  had a few pharma client's. I never took on a client who's product I didn't believe in. Carry on blithely fooling yourself. There are certain things one uses that saving money should not be a criteria.

4 hours ago, Natasha said:

Hydrochlorothiazide as a separate entity was cancelled here approx. 18 years ago.  No idea if it's been made available since.

Check Farmacia Ahorro in Chapala (main drag, NE corner of Flavio Romero) or Farmacia Campana in Ajjjic (  NW corner carretera and Juarez, one block west of Colon).  Between those two I get all our meds at great prices, and trust their products implicitly. Check prices because each one has better prices for some things than the other.

I buy Hidroclorotiazida regularly from Farmacia Similares, and have been doing so for a couple of years now.  I take it along with my BP medicine Amlodipino to prevent my feet from swelling.  It is a diuretic.

11 minutes ago, EldonNova said:

I buy Hidroclorotiazida regularly from Farmacia Similares, and have been doing so for a couple of years now.  I take it along with my BP medicine Amlodipino to prevent my feet from swelling.  It is a diuretic.

Thank you for sharing that. They've been quite helpful with a number of different drugs and  even some vitamins. Do you recall the cost of the quantity and dosage that you buy there?

My 2 pesos...I usually buy my meds at Farmacia Guadalajara and they almost always have a generic, which my GP will ask for to save some money.  Once, they did not have any lisinopril and I bought a very cheap generic at Farmacia Similares.  Very cool, I thought!  3 weeks later, I was in the emergency room at Ajijic Clinic with severe vertigo due to my BP having gone through the roof.  When I got to my regular GP, I recieved a stern lecture about buying generics anywhere other than FG.  If not buying brand name, he does not trust anyone other than FG with generics.  

You can also get hidroclorotiazida 25mg there.  Just need to cut it for 12.5. 

That's my story, take it for what it's worth.  I like to save a little cash, but not with something I have to ingest for my health.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2020 at 1:43 PM, blankletmusic said:

Thank you for sharing that. They've been quite helpful with a number of different drugs and  even some vitamins. Do you recall the cost of the quantity and dosage that you buy there?

I take 25 mg and it comes in 20 to a container for 33 pesos at Farmacia Similares on Monday 25% off days.