Chapala.com Webboard

Bancomer online access

Scooter

You'll have to visit a branch to set up online access either with a physical token or a virtual one using their cell phone app.

Also, if you don't already have one you'll need to apply for a debit card. The card number is used to access your account using their Internet portal. The phone app uses a 6 digit pin number.

Thanks for your quick response. I've had an account with Bancomer for many years. I have had 2 types of tokens in that time and they worked. Because I am a Snowbird planning to return, I haven't done any banking since the Spring. The online access doesn't seem to work with my access (ATM) card and there doesn't seem to be a request for a number from my token. I just wondered if there was a change to the usual process. 

6 hours ago, Scooter said:

Thanks for your quick response. I've had an account with Bancomer for many years. I have had 2 types of tokens in that time and they worked. Because I am a Snowbird planning to return, I haven't done any banking since the Spring. The online access doesn't seem to work with my access (ATM) card and there doesn't seem to be a request for a number from my token. I just wondered if there was a change to the usual process. 

The request to enter a number from the token would only appear once you've signed in with your debit card number and password. Did you look on the card to make sure the date on it hasn't expired? If you haven't checked your account online for some time, it's also possible that they lock you out.

20 hours ago, Kiko said:

Curious if anyone knows how to call a Mexican toll free number from outside Mexico?  Never tried it but now curious.  

Dial the international long distance code for your country (US is 011) 52 plus the 800 number. The country code for Mexico is 52 

International long distance charges apply. It is only free within Mexico so if you use the regular number it should cost the same amount. 

I think Bancomer is one of, if not the most customer unfriendly bank lakeside!  I had an account there once and could not wait until I could close it.  They had strange charges always attached to my account and my balance never seemed to add up.   They always had excuses and I felt that they were never honest with me.

My entire experience with them was a nightmare.

I would recommend having your money at Multiva or Intercam.       

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mexijims1 said:

I think Bancomer is one of, if not the most customer unfriendly bank lakeside!  I had an account there once and could not wait until I could close it.  They had strange charges always attached to my account and my balance never seemed to add up.   They always had excuses and I felt that they were never honest with me.

My entire experience with them was a nightmare.

I would recommend having your money at Multiva or Intercam.       

Sorry you had such problems . In 20 years I have never had a problem with BBVA just like millions of other customers. 

Also I have always have great service with the Preferred Customer 800 number . They answer in English and are most professional. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Upfront said:

just like millions of other customers? you know these people then

I'm sure I know a lot more BBVA clients than you do.   BBVA is in over 30 countries around the world and has been in business since the mid 1800's.

Every bank has some customers that are unhappy.  Sometimes it is a problem with the bank, sometimes it is a problem with  the customer. But like most business that have existed for many years and continue to grow the vast majority of their customers are happy. 

• Thanks 1