Chapala.com Webboard

Smokehouse Restaurant

happyjillin

I have waxed poetic many times about their great corned beef and smoked pork hocks. We went there last night for Yvonne's birthday dinner. What a treat!  Best smoked beef rib I've ever had and the battered not breaded onion rings and fries were excellent as was Yvonne's breaded shrimp. The 2 for 1 margaritas were good too and the service was outstanding!!!

yvonne birthday.jpg

yvonne birthday2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

Irresponsible!

Four maskless staff standing inches from two old, frail customers.

No food is worth that risk.

Get a grip. They only took the masks off for the foto and none of them sneezed on us during that short time.  We do not throw caution to the wind or I would not still be alive as the FRAIL ONE. Yvonne is far from being frail at the  YOUNG age of 70. Amador[black sabbath hat] is the owner not staff and Never goes without a mask wherever he is, in front of Pancho's doing his smoke thing on Saturdays or delivering to your house. But feel free to stay away based on your viewing of a couple of fotos.SNORK!

pedro kertesz

• Like 3

https://www.livescience.com/restaurant-dining-covid-19-risk.html

Eating out may come with a higher risk of catching COVID-19 than riding public transportation or getting a haircut at a salon, a new study suggests.

The findings, from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), highlight the risk of activities in which people can't always wear a mask and practice social distancing, such as eating and drinking while at a restaurant. [Note: The study report was issued Sept. 11, 2020.]

For the study, the researchers analyzed information from 314 adults who were tested for COVID-19 at one of 11 health care facilities across the U.S. All of the participants had experienced some symptoms that led them to be tested. About half of the participants had received a positive test, while the other half received a negative test. 

Overall, people who tested positive for COVID-19 were twice as likely to report dining at a restaurant in the 14 days prior to becoming sick than people who tested negative. And when the researchers excluded people who had a known contact with COVID-19, they found that those who tested positive were nearly three times more likely to report dining at a restaurant, and nearly four times more likely to report going to a bar or coffee shop, than those who tested negative. 

Participants were interviewed about activities they engaged in during the 14 days before their symptoms started, including going to a store, gym, office, salon, bar or coffee shop; attending religious services, using public transportation or dining at restaurants.

No other activities from the survey were linked with an increased risk of COVID-19.

You can read the entire study here at the CDC site.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6936a5.htm?s_cid=mm6936a5_w

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Treat all the restaurants equally by posting this on all the restaurant reviews on here so that you can put them all out of business. Your 2 ongoing posts about covid-19 isn't enough of an obsession for you that you have to do this to a restaurant? And unlike a lot of you we only go to restaurants on special occasions. Last time was Dec. 2019. we both enjoy cooking exquisite meals at home.

• Thanks 2

@happyjillin You posted the pictures of unmasked workers.  I posted a CDC study.  You and others can ignore mask wearing if you choose to.  I prefer to follow recommendations of the CDC and other scientists.  

FYI, I am getting take-away 6 or 7 days a week from restaurants where I have observed strict mask wearing and adherence to other sanitary requirements.  And yes, if I observe non-mask wearing at eateries, they get dropped from my ordering list. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

18 minutes ago, happyjillin said:
3 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

@happyjillin You posted the pictures of unmasked workers.  I posted a CDC study.  You can ignore mask wearing if you choose.   

What part of for foto only which was for under 1 minute did you miss or refuse to read. Ain't you just swell. Under no circumstances do we ignore mask wearing as I stated above.  It was totally unnecessary posting an old CDC study, that a vast amount of people have already seen, in a struggling restaurant review. Are you that callous?

3 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

@happyjillin NOT an old study.  Sept. 11th.  About 3 weeks ago.  

Just another CDC update and it would be really a treat if you took your unpleasantness elsewhere and not try to sink one restaurant which follows proper protocols and procedures when SERVING it's patrons including social distancing[tables]. Post your obsession elsewhere like in your 2 covid-19 threads or start another, unless you like being mean spirited.

• Sad 3

16 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Just another CDC update and it would be really a treat if you took your unpleasantness elsewhere and not try to sink one restaurant which follows proper protocols and procedures when SERVING it's patrons including social distancing[tables]. Post your obsession elsewhere like in your 2 covid-19 threads or start another, unless you like being mean spirited.

Capture.PNG

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kam said:

Thank you Bisbee Gal for your informative posts and jillin, naptime for crabby boys.

In defense of crabby boy, I can see where he is coming from. Although he should have known posting the unmasked photo would create a stir among at least a couple of regular posters, he did explain masks were removed for the photo. He has made clear (twice) that the facility complies with virus protocols. There is no need to pound this restaurant into the ground. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Xena said:

In defense of crabby boy, I can see where he is coming from. Although he should have known posting the unmasked photo would create a stir among at least a couple of regular posters, he did explain masks were removed for the photo. He has made clear (twice) that the facility complies with virus protocols. There is no need to pound this restaurant into the ground. 

Exactly with a [thank you thingie]! The people on Facebook that have seen these fotos are much more civilized than the usual howling pack including imoji using lackeys here who seem to enjoy high jacking a positive thread and making it negative.

pedro kertesz

• Sad 1

On 10/4/2020 at 8:56 AM, happyjillin said:

They only took the masks off for the foto and none of them sneezed on us during that short time.

If you really think someone has to sneeze or cough on you to infect you, you're woefully misinformed. And as far as "sinking" this restaurant, you're the one who would be responsible for that by posting a photo of maskless restaurant staff all crowded together and close to elderly customers.

It appears that 2 of the staff didn't see the need to remove their masks. Good for them for acting responsibly. Meanwhile Mr. Black Sabbath hat has his face and breath 1-2 feet away from your faces, food, utensils and dishes.

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

If you really think someone has to sneeze or cough on you to infect you, you're woefully misinformed. And as far as "sinking" this restaurant, you're the one who would be responsible for that by posting a photo of maskless restaurant staff all crowded together and close to elderly customers.

It appears that 2 of the staff didn't see the need to remove their masks. Good for them for acting responsibly. Meanwhile Mr. Black Sabbath hat has his face and breath 1-2 feet away from your faces, food, utensils and dishes.

You need to get a life!!!

11 hours ago, mudgirl said:

And you are woefully paranoid and I am quite well informed  through a vast amount of sources as we all are without reading the constant barrage perpetrated by someone that seems unable to think of anything else. Perhaps in deference to that poster  and others like yourself this board should change it's years old premise and become a one trick pony-eh!The 2 with masks were in the process of serving at other tables when we called them over for the foto. as for the sneezing on us,I merely posted that as humour, a concept which seems to have escaped many of you.

pedro kertesz

• Thanks 1