Chapala.com Webboard

COVID-19 PCR test for travel

3 hours ago, El Chico said:

Did the antigen test at Salud Digna today to be able to fly back to US on Sunday and they messed up the test/results somehow so I will have to go and do it again. Hopefully somewhere different. Many labs in Guad are booked.

Have you tried the New Lab at the airport. I will be flying out in a few days and would appreciate any feed back on this facility

On 2/5/2021 at 9:24 PM, lakeside7 said:

Have you tried the New Lab at the airport. I will be flying out in a few days and would appreciate any feed back on this facility

A local posted on FB about her experience.  She said there wasn't a line when she arrived; it took a full hour from test to results; you wait in a seating area for results.  She was told by workers that if there is a line it can be a longer wait  She was told it is getting much busier and they are averaging almost 1,000 a day.  Cost is 450p for the antigen.  She suggested going a day or two prior to your flight.  You have to show a flight reservation within 3 days, and bring your passport.  

FYI, at other FB pages, locals recommend SAT Hospital with 24-7 service with no appointments needed at 1600p, results to email or printed in an hour or less.  Also recommended was Go Labs in Riberas, shorter hours.  900p. 

If you are on FB, read more at Chapala Health Talk or Lake Chapala Covid-19 groups.  

PS...No matter where you get it, it is vital that the name on the test matches the name on your passport, exactly.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Happy Gringo said:

I am asking about a PCR test only, as that is the one required for my flight. Go Labs only has antigen test when I checked.

Also where is SAT hospital?

Across the street from the  Chula VIsta entrance and golf course  Also the PCR test is available at the airport for $1450 

56 minutes ago, Happy Gringo said:

Thank you, what is the name of the lab across Chula Vista golf club?

At the airport there is not enough time to get the result before the flight.

If you go to the airport for your test 3 days before your flight with your  reservation you will have it on the day of your flight. .

I would like to share with you the experience of using the laboratory testing facilities at Guadalajara airport, it's a fantastic service and the authorities are to be commend for providing a affordable price and convenient service.

My son who is visiting and will return to the USA on Wednesday

A couple of observation's
The laboratory is located at the end of deck level 3
high rise parking area, NOT AS POSTED LEVEL2

Depending on the test needed I recommend you go 1-2day a head of travel date. The actual testing is 30/40 minutes, BUT the line up can be " long"
Please note the posted prices and time's to produce the results
There are 2 posted prices and I am not sure what the reason/difference  is..Perhaps some else can clarify;
Prueba per PCR
General International 1,450 pesos. General Public 1,950. Wait time for results 36-48 hours
Prueba rapida Antigeno
General international 450 pesos General Public 800 pesos. Wait time for results 30-40 minutes
The laboratory is open 24 hours
I do not know how to upload a photo of the prices, which would perhaps help better
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

high rise parking area, NOT AS POSTED LEVEL2h would perhaps help better

Remember what country you are in. The first floor is the level above Planta Baja.

On 2/8/2021 at 12:30 AM, lakeside7 said:

I would like to share with you the experience of using the laboratory testing facilities at Guadalajara airport, it's a fantastic service and the authorities are to be commend for providing a affordable price and convenient service.

My son who is visiting and will return to the USA on Wednesday

high rise parking area, NOT AS POSTED LEVEL2

Depending on the test needed I recommend you go 1-2day a head of travel date. The actual testing is 30/40 minutes, BUT the line up can be " long"
Please note the posted prices and time's to produce the results
There are 2 posted prices and I am not sure what the reason/difference  is..Perhaps some else can clarify;
Prueba per PCR
General International 1,450 pesos. General Public 1,950. Wait time for results 36-48 hours
Prueba rapida Antigeno
General international 450 pesos General Public 800 pesos. Wait time for results 30-40 minutes
The laboratory is open 24 hours
I do not know how to upload a photo of the prices, which would perhaps help better

On 2/8/2021 at 1:21 AM, Happy Gringo said:

Thank u for your info re Covid test, much appreciated.Do l need to make an appointment? For the airport PCR test?

9 minutes ago, Happy Gringo said:

Thanks for the information which is helpful. What time do they open please.

They are open 24 hours. Enter the parking garage. Turn right and take the ramp up to the next level. Turn right and go up the second ramp. Near the elevators is the test center. Have your flight reservation so you don't pay extra.