Chapala.com Webboard

Insanity: The West Ajijic Dog Shelter

LJS

It’s 9:40 pm and we have had to close all of our windows on an otherwise very pleasant evening. Even so, the outrageous noise coming from the dog shelter has forced us to increase our tv volume to levels heretofore unseen, just to hear it.

It is madness.  For two hours earlier this evening the dogs were barking uncontrollably. There was an hour of relative silence, probably due to exhaustion on the part of the canines, but they have regrouped and are AGAIN completely out of control 

As has been previously stated, this shelter should never have been allowed in a populated residential neighborhood, and it must be relocated.

• Like 4

I'm assuming you have read the LONG post about that dog shelter and the subsequent new reports saying that other options are being looked at to move the shelter to. As well as the suggestion to document with a decimeter the noise levels and present them to the municipal council. 
Continuous posts about how noisy it is allows you to vent but ultimately does 'flock all'.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Natasha said:

Have you tried getting a LARGE group of actually affected residents and marching   into city hall en masse?  You have ALL my sympathies, and gratitude I'm nowhere close.

Many years ago the residents at Chula Vista Norte paraded with signs etc protesting about that fracc and ask the Guad Reprter to take photos etc....I suggest that you get a group with signs etc and peaceful parade outside Chapala City Hall call and advise the Guad Reporter and the  Mx  Paper local and in Guad..... , its legal and very Mexican thing to do..pay some peons to make up your numbers..........every week the Zocolo in Mx City is a gathering place for peaceful demonstrations...The guys in Chapala City Hall are assh* for making this decision

For the dog lovers out there .....why not go and adopt a dog or two  and share the "problems" with your neighbors  

On 10/1/2020 at 3:33 PM, lakeside7 said:

Many years ago the residents at Chula Vista Norte paraded with signs etc protesting about that fracc and ask the Guad Reprter to take photos etc....I suggest that you get a group with signs etc and peaceful parade outside Chapala City Hall call and advise the Guad Reporter and the  Mx  Paper local and in Guad..... , its legal and very Mexican thing to do..pay some peons to make up your numbers..........every week the Zocolo in Mx City is a gathering place for peaceful demonstrations...The guys in Chapala City Hall are assh* for making this decision

For the dog lovers out there .....why not go and adopt a dog or two  and share the "problems" with your neighbors  

When and about what... did the residents of Chula Vista Norte protest with signs about the frac?  Must be over 15 years ago..