Chapala.com Webboard

The number for TelMex where you can speak in English?

Carrol

17 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

Best of luck.

The number is the same 800 123 2222. I have called a number of times only to have the call drop when they transfer the call or they just hang up after saying there's no one available. 

At least on the app it's  somewhat intuitive and a little Spanish works.

I'm fed up with Telmex.

We had the same problem and I finally went up to the service depot by Lakeside Little Theater and got help.  Since they closed the lakeside office TelMex service and performance has gone way down.

18 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Well we did manage to get the phone line fixed but the DSL is still going on and off.

Truly lousy service.  Maybe someone needs to call Carlos Slim.  If their phone is working.  :D 

Highly recommend the TelCel wireless modem to anyone with DSL issues who doesn't have access to fiber yet.      You have to purchase the wireless modem (2500 pesos) at the TelCel main store and they can advise on setting up the account.      Same price as the base Infinitum plan and much better and faster / more consistent than faulty DSL from Telmex.

• 2 months later...
On 9/30/2020 at 10:36 AM, Upfront said:

goto telmex.com. lower right corner is a CHAT icon. eventually a real person comes on. much better than whatsapps or the long d number

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

On 9/30/2020 at 9:57 AM, Go Solar said:

Highly recommend the TelCel wireless modem to anyone with DSL issues who doesn't have access to fiber yet.      You have to purchase the wireless modem (2500 pesos) at the TelCel main store and they can advise on setting up the account.      Same price as the base Infinitum plan and much better and faster / more consistent than faulty DSL from Telmex.

And you have to sign a two year contract now.  Can't say I was impressed and I have three bars and can see the tower from my house so not a signal problem.