Chapala.com Webboard

Covid-19 Vaccine Volunteers Wanted

Bisbee Gal

Posted at Semanario Laguna FB Page within the past hour.

Busca #Jalisco voluntarios para probar vacuna contra coronavirus
La vacuna solo se aplicará a mayores de edad que no hayan sido
hospitalizados por Covid-19 y que no tengan enfermedades crónico degenerativas
Redacción.- El busca 300 voluntarios para probar la nueva vacuna contra el coronavirus (#Covid19), desarrollada por la farmacéutica Johnson & Johnson.
La búsqueda de voluntarios se dio a conocer mediante una publicación que realizó el Instituto a través de Facebook, para recibir una plática de inducción e información sobre la fecha de aplicación, dosis datos a llevar día con día entre otros protocolos.
La vacuna solo se aplicará a mayores de edad que no hayan sido hospitalizados por Covid-19 y que no tengan enfermedades crónico degenerativas como diabetes o hipertensión, por mencionar algunas.
Las vacunas serán aplicadas en las instalaciones del Instituto y el hecho de que alguien se registre, no implica que será aceptado como sujeto de prueba, ya que antes tendrá que acudir el cinco de octubre a la sesión y valoración.
El proceso de registro de voluntarios aun está abierto y si estás interesado en participar, podrás hacerlo, llamando al 3336-6410341.
Cabe mencionar que a nivel mundial hay por lo menos cinco vacunas en fase tres: Sputnik V elaborada por los rusos; la de Johnson & Johnson; la de Astra Zeneca y la Unidad de Oxford; el de Moderna y Sinovac.

Laguna Weekly
Seeks Jalisco volunteers to test coronavirus vaccine
The vaccine will only be applied to adults who have not been hospitalized for Covid-19 and do not have chronic degenerative diseases
The Jalisco Institute of Metabolism is looking for 300 volunteers to test the new vaccine against the coronavirus (# Covid19), developed by the pharmaceutical company Johnson & Johnson.
The search for volunteers was announced through a publication made by the Institute through Facebook, to receive an induction talk and information regarding the date of application, daily dose data, among other protocols.
The vaccine will only be applied to adults who have not been hospitalized for Covid-19 and who do not have chronic degenerative diseases such as diabetes or hypertension, to name a few.
The vaccines will be administered at the Institute's facilities and the fact that someone registers does not imply that they will be accepted as a test subject, since beforehand they will have to attend the session and assessment on October 5.
The volunteer registration process is still open and if you are interested in participating, you can do so by calling 3336-6410341.
It is worth mentioning that worldwide there are at least five vaccines in phase three: Sputnik V made by the Russians; that of Johnson & Johnson; that of Astra Zeneca and the Oxford Unit; that of Moderna and Sinovac.

• 2 weeks later...

Johnson & Johnson vaccine trials have been stopped due to an unexplained illness in one study participant.  It is standard protocol to halt trials when this happens, so they can investigate whether there is a relationship between the vaccine and the illness.  

Vaccine trial participants are gutsy pioneers in the quest for a safe and effective vaccine.  

35 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Johnson & Johnson vaccine trials have been stopped due to an unexplained illness in one study participant.  It is standard protocol to halt trials when this happens, so they can investigate whether there is a relationship between the vaccine and the illness.  

Vaccine trial participants are gutsy pioneers in the quest for a safe and effective vaccine.  

J&J trials include 60,000 participating patients and that is a normal  expectation for a test of this magnitude..just imagine  the complexity of these tests..No wonder there are huge costs associated with launching a new pill/vaccine etc...you  have to  have deep pockets to be in this game and trust

On 9/28/2020 at 2:29 PM, Bisbee Gal said:

The only way a vaccine gets approved is after testing, so hopefully enough people step up.  Not sure if the volunteers are paid or not.  That could be impactful in a poorer county like Mexico.  

As a former pharmaceutical representative it is common to pay volunteers for their participation in drug studies. Yes it is often students and poor people who sign up as a means to supplement their income. My older daughter wanted to volunteer for the Moderna Phase 2 trials and I talked her out of it. I am not opposed to vaccines whatsoever and will get one when they are approved and I have read the study results. I just don't want my daughter being in the study. There is a case to be made regarding the risks of any participation, especially in vaccine study groups.

If it were here (not in Guad) and if I qualified, yes, I would.  Though given a few health conditions it is doubtful I'd qualify. 

And I am not as you say "pushing others."  READ my two posts where I applauded these volunteers; they are as I said, gutsy pioneers.  

You should be thanking them as well.