Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex

kosika

I have read the posts and have tried the *2222 number and the 33 520 9621 number and I am getting no response from either. I am moving today and need to have my service shut off. First message sent Sept. 22nd
Does anyone know if I just unhook my router and take it to the Ajijic office will there be anyone there?

Thanks

7 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

When we tried to whatsapp that number the IPhone 11 phone makes a phone call instead of sending a message.   The phone doesn't give the option to send a message.

There are a couple of ways to accomplish a whatsapp message. probably quickest is  to  add the number to your contacts list in the phone,. 

14 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

That's not the problem.  The problem is with this number the option to send a text message is not appearing on my wife's IPhone 11.  She is a very experiened Whatsapp user.

I am a completely unexperienced Whatsapp user and I had no trouble entering the number as a contact and then getting the message option.

PS, I do not use an Iphone.

I have gotten good information and help from the Telmex 800 number in the past. This time, I needed to re-activate an account that was in arrears. I called and got a good English speaker and asked him if I pay the bill at OXXO, would the account automatically be activated. He was not sure and offered to connect me with the billing department, but doubted that an English speaker would be available. I thanked him for his help and told him that I would pay it and see what happened.

I paid the bill and waited until the next day to see what happened. Nothing changed, so I entered 331 520 9621 into my contacts on my cell phone. When I went to WhatsApp I was pleased to see that it was available to send text messages. I sent a photo of the paid bill and a brief description of the problem. About an hour later, I received a reply in English asking for more information. I sent the information as requested and about an hour later I received a reply telling me that the account had been activated and that I would be able to use the phone and internet in 3-4 hours. In about 3 hours, the internet and phone were working. 

3 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

How many people will it take for you to believe us when we say we are NOT receiving ANY help by calling this number?

It seems to be a real crap shoot.  Sometimes it works, sometimes not.  Maybe each of us should list the time of day we tried to use it.  For us, mornings.

MC et al,

If you can get a tech to renew your entrance cable's connections at the exterior box, you most likely will get your service restored. The cables corrode at the contact points when exposed to moisture over time. 

1 minute ago, oregontochapala said:

Are we talking a Telmex tech or can you recommend someone to do this?

I agree that this will pose problems.

I, on the third try, got a Telmex tech to bother to find the box after two couldn't, but any person could. The problem is knowing which pair are yours, something the Telmex people can determine easily.