Chapala.com Webboard

SAT Hospital. Wow!!!!!

happyjillin

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

Dr. Ivan is usually based in Guadalajara and has a successful plastic surgery practise. He lives in Ajijic though, so always welcoming some work closer to home. He used to be at Jocotepec/El Chante hospital. I asked for a card, he told me that Drs. working under the Seguro Popular, at that time, are not allowed to give out cards or direct patients to their private practise. The other surgeon at that hospital is also said to be very skillful, but Spanish only. He is related (brother?) to the (ex?)  Presidente of Jocotepec.

That explains the well done stitch work. He came across as very down-to-earth and personable and I'd definitely recommend him, just not SAH. Again, this is based on numerous problems, but YMMV.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

Also important, are you saying Dr. Hector Briseno now has hospital privileges at SAT, or are you referring to Dr. Garcia? Dr. Daniel Briseno has privileges there.

Neither Dr. Garcia[gp/internist] nor Daniel briseno[gastroenterologist] are cardios. Hector Briseno has had privileges at SAT since practically day one and has attended to me there more than once.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my bill from Dr. Briseno who's assistant also treated me. $223 Canbucks. Think about this -no cost to go to a hospital in Guadalajara which would have added more expense and because of the lengthier time may have caused even more damage. Cruz Roja was at mi casa in 5 minutes and got me there in another 5. WE ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE THIS HOSPITAL HERE!!!!!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Got my bill from Dr. Briseno who's assistant also treated me. $223 Canbucks. Think about this -no cost to go to a hospital in Guadalajara which would has added more expense and coz of teh lengthier time may has caused even more damage. Cruz Roja was at me casa in 5 minutes and got me there in another 5. WE ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE THIS HOSPITAL HERE!!!!!

Many thanks for sharing your experience..but I guess I missed what the charge was for, so no idea what CAD is as I work in Pesos..but glad you are satisfied and on the road to recovery....💪✌️

13 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Many thanks for sharing your experience..but I guess I missed what the charge was for, so no idea what CAD is as I work in Pesos..but glad you are satisfied and on the road to recovery....💪✌️

I work in pesos too but a lot of people on here don't. His fee was $3600 pesos. See my OP for the other charges and services provided

• Like 1

Congrats on your recovery and your bill.

Unfortunately. I paid 149,000 pesos for a laproscopic hernia surgery at Puerto Hierro Sur Hospital in late February.   It was a huge rip-off.   That was for hospital only and my surgeon said that was the third occurrence of outrageous billing of his patients there in one week.   That  did not even include spending a night in the hospital.   In and out the same day.

I certainly recommend staying away from Puerto Hierro Sur Hospital !!  It might be more convenient than going into Guad, but not at that price !! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mexijims1 said:

Congrats on your recovery and your bill.

Unfortunately. I paid 149,000 pesos for a laproscopic hernia surgery at Puerto Hierro Sur Hospital in late February. 

A close friend of mine got it done by the surgeon at Quality Care and paid about USD $2,000 for the doctor and one night in a boutique hospital in Guad. Y$MV

14 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Nope! I said Canbucks[EX conversion]   and my bill was $3600 pesos  bang on and not mas o menos.

Actually I was responding to Mactavish's Post and he said "US Dollars $2,000". And that is 44,000MP.... mas y menos. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, bmh said:

In an area where there are many people  having income from different countres the quotes should be in Mexican pesos and each one can figure it out in their own currency.. I do not care what the Canadian dollar is more than the Austalian or the yen..

My memory of the hospitalization cost was told to me in USD. Your inability to be an international thinker is not of my concern.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bmh said:

In an area where there are many people  having income from different countres the quotes should be in Mexican pesos and each one can figure it out in their own currency.. I do not care what the Canadian dollar is more than the Austalian or the yen..

Ten years ago we had an emergency trip to a GDL cardiologist.  After tests and exam, he started to make out the bill in pesos.  Then he asked, will it be better for your US insurance if I make it out in USD?  I'd never had an outside US claim before and didn't know; it had been a long nerve-wracking day, so I told him to go ahead and use USD (though we paid in pesos).

When I filed the claim it was initially rejected because it was not in the local currency!  After I explained that I was the one who had requested the bill be converted to USD, they paid it.  

4 hours ago, Referdude said:

My wife went into the Everett, Washington hospital 4 weeks ago, and got the exact services performed.  $15,000 us

Interest ing but. Irrelevant....seriously we could start finding other places around the world, like India, Thailand etc that is probably cheaper than Mexico..or Canada where the procedure would not be "free" ..well not exactly because your taxes cover their health care system

13 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

My memory of the hospitalization cost was told to me in USD.

Anyone in Mexico who quotes me a price in US dollars, assuming I'm some American expat who thinks in dollars, or even has access to them, which I don't, immediately gets informed that I was under the impression that we are in Mexico, that they should not make assumptions about my nationality or my finances, and to please tell me the price in the national currency.

3 hours ago, Upfront said:

if the frikkin real estate business here would list in pesos instead of dollars all this other crap would go away

My understanding is that it's actually illegal to list prices for anything in foreign currency. They can list a US, or other dollar amount, but that would be only in addition to listing it in Mexican pesos. And if I were a well-off Mexican looking to rent or purchase a house, or a piece of art in a gallery, and saw the prices only listed in US dollars, I would be offended and assume that the owners weren't interested in my business and would look elsewhere..