Chapala.com Webboard

Car Rental

Confused

8 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

Please support a local Mexican business they are struggling to survive in these difficult times.. Expat businesses don’t need your support to survive..

How presumptuous about expats. I would imagine they may be struggling now too.   Many foreigners have nationalized and are actually Mexican. 

10 hours ago, ibarra said:

How presumptuous about expats. I would imagine they may be struggling now too.   Many foreigners have nationalized and are actually Mexican. 

So what your saying is many of the foreigners and Expats here are struggling.. Are they here illegally then. ?  Because if they are here legally they must have produced financial statements to immigration showIng their monthly income or a substantial amount of money in their bank account over a period of time.
They may not be living High off the hog but they are certainly not struggling like many of the locals here who don’t have a nice pension coming in to their bank account every month...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

Please support a local Mexican business they are struggling to survive in these difficult times.. Expat businesses don’t need your support to survive..

No one's stopping you from posting the names of local Mexican businesses renting cars.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

22 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

You are always assuming that Expats don't need help.  How about their employees that have families. I'll bet that their employees are Mexican. OH wait, they work for gringos so don't worry about them ? When gringos go broke their employees will be fine ? 

So you’re assuming the expat people who are taking work away from local Mexicans have employees.. B.S.   The people I’m referring to are one person operations who pad their pensions by taking people to the airport or up to the border, renting vehicles.. fixing computers..rides to Costco and many other small jobs that could and used be done by local Mexicans. And I know this for a fact because I know a local Mexican who made their living driving expats or anyone else who needed transport around, but over the last year or two with all the Facebook sites that have popped up here they have done less and less business., and now they are out of business.  Anytime anyone post something on a Facebook site such as wanting a ride or or something done  expats are PM the person to say I can do that for you.. I know this for a fact because when I posted about a ride to the airport I had PMs from two female expats saying we offer that service. 

• Like 1

So you assume that all expats don't hire locals ? You know local Mexican who has lost his business because of the statement you made. Well A is not a good measure of people loosing their job, although one is to many, so you can of course state what you want but a good argument would show more than one (A)

• Sad 1