Chapala.com Webboard

More Dog Noise

lakeside7

31 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

About 2 months ago a Mexican Professional Lady Dra, moved into the Raquect Club plus her 6 dogs...Yep you can guess she goes off to work and leaves them to be taken care of by the maid or gardener....How quickly the tranquility of the place can be shattered by this totally inconsiderate person

6 dogs? My God, why would anyone need 6 dogs? I can't imagine feeding, walking and cleaning up after that many canines. And an educated professional as well. I've been where you are more than I care to remember. Isn't the Raquet Club a fracc with specific rules that prohibit this sort of nonsense?

2 hours ago, blankletmusic said:

I can't imagine feeding, walking and cleaning up after that many canines.

Likely neither can she- she probably pays others to do those mundane tasks. And if she's like most of the Mexicans I know (of all socio-economic classes), their dogs never get walked. They are either free to roam around, or they are in the yard and the gardener cleans up the dog poop. Mexicans don't generally have the same attitudes around dogs that gringoes do.

WE know several foreigners have WELL over 6 dogs...... so don't think this is a "Mexican" issue. (No  we are not included) Some are more mindful than others about the noise etc. their dogs cause. In past years, at least two were "invited" to leave La Floresta when their dog counts got to 14 or 15.........

So don't be so quick to condemn the Mexican population at large.  The fault lies with the individual in each situation.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Natasha said:

WE know several foreigners have WELL over 6 dogs...... so don't think this is a "Mexican" issue. (No  we are not included) Some are more mindful than others about the noise etc. their dogs cause. In past years, at least two were "invited" to leave La Floresta when their dog counts got to 14 or 15.........

So don't be so quick to condemn the Mexican population at large.  The fault lies with the individual in each situation.

Exactly!

• Like 1

We had 12 cairn terriers and a security big dog when we had a horse farm and a breeding/showing  program, no complaints. With the close proximity here , there is no excuse to have a quantity of barkers. A small pack can be trained to not bark, too much. I believe there was/ is an ordinance/ tradition for requiring a license to maintain more than 4 dogs? Viva Chapala!

6 minutes ago, #HarryB said:

I believe there was/ is an ordinance/ tradition for requiring a license to maintain more than 4 dogs? Viva Chapala!

Except the property in question is in another municipality and a gated fracc so different rules may be in place. Hopefully someone from the administration of the fracc will speak with the party(ies) involved. 

Can't the OP complain to the fracc about this? Isn't the Racquet Club is a fracc with specific rules prohibiting this sort of nonsense? Hopefully someone is going to clean up the massive amount of dog crap after these creatures (the gardener, someone said). Lucky him/her.

I myself would bitch a proverbial blue streak to the fracc about this as this seriously compromises their quality of life.

12 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Likely neither can she- she probably pays others to do those mundane tasks. And if she's like most of the Mexicans I know (of all socio-economic classes), their dogs never get walked. They are either free to roam around, or they are in the yard and the gardener cleans up the dog poop. Mexicans don't generally have the same attitudes around dogs that gringoes do.

We walk on the Ajijic Malecon almost daily and see lots of Mexicans with their dogs: some leashed and some not.  Same with masks.  Same with the gringos.  Social distancing re dogs?  😄 Never happens.

1 hour ago, blankletmusic said:

It's regrettable that there are no Animal Control officers to contact. 

There is Ecologia and they deal with animal abuse/neglect. However from the OP's statement the owner resides at the property and is gone during the day so this may not fall under abuse or neglect.  This sounds like a fracc issue but often times it is easier to voice displeasure publically and hope someone else picks up the torch than actually deal with the issue themselves.

For some yet to be understood reason some people think they are doing the dogs a service by keeping them caged up.   Some of these dogs are street dogs who were running free and happy. The animal lovers take them in and lock them up. Makes no sense to me .   Barking dogs are pollution plane and simple  and should never be tolerated.   

3 minutes ago, handfaf said:

For some yet to be understood reason some people think they are doing the dogs a service by keeping them caged up.   Some of these dogs are street dogs who were running free and happy. The animal lovers take them in and lock them up. Makes no sense to me .   Barking dogs are pollution plane and simple  and should never be tolerated.   

Touche. I read several years ago about the three different psychological classifications of people that harbor barking dogs. The first category is those that are either unaware that it is going on or unaware of the steps to stop it. The other two, especially the third category centers around  a sociopaphic personality disorder if I remember correctly from several years ago when I last had to deal with this disgusting situation.

10 hours ago, Natasha said:

If you were responding to my comments, try not having a knee-jerk reaction and actually read what I said. Which was that Mexicans tend not to walk their dogs much, I didn't say it never happens. I also said they have a generally different attitude towards dogs than gringos do. There's no "condemnation" in those statements, they were observations, based on 20 years of living in Mexico. Nor did I say that gringoes can't be irresponsible about allowing their dogs to disturb others or collecting more dogs than they can effectively deal with. There are inconsiderate people of every nationality in this world.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

If you were responding to my comments, try not having a knee-jerk reaction and actually read what I said. Which was that Mexicans tend not to walk their dogs much, I didn't say it never happens. I also said they have a generally different attitude towards dogs than gringos do. There's no "condemnation" in those statements, they were observations, based on 20 years of living in Mexico. Nor did I say that gringoes can't be irresponsible about allowing their dogs to disturb others or collecting more dogs than they can effectively deal with. There are inconsiderate people of every nationality in this world.

like thingie!

Our neighbors across the street had 2 very annoying barking dogs, it was incessant as was their yelling at the dogs to stop.  They also charged the gate all the time which made quite a racket.  Somebody finally got fed up and sadly, their dogs were poisoned.  They went right out and got 2 more dogs that barked incessantly also.  The owners eventually passed away and one of the neighbors kept their dogs.  They still have those dogs and you know, they rarely bark so I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.  I suggest recording for your neighbor what’s happening when she’s not there.  Perhaps if she sees it for herself she will recognize the problem this creates for everyone else and hopefully rectify it.  Good luck to you.  I hope you have some peace and quiet.  

• Like 1

Definitely the person who has dogs which disturb the neighborhood should be approached about it, unless you know that neighbors talked to them in the last place they lived and they came back at them with an "attitude". Not approach them aggressively, but factually. No one knows how their dogs behave when they aren't there unless someone tells them. You might get an "I don't care" attitude in response, but you can't just assume such a thing. I believe in giving people at least a opportunity to be responsible, not just assuming they're inconsiderate jerks.

Also sometimes dogs will bark a lot if the owner has just moved in and goes out for the day. The dog is in a unfamiliar place and its owner isn't there, a cause for anxiety. My new neighbor's dog barked, howled and cried continuously for 8 hours straight the day after he moved in and was at work all day. I was fuming and thought "Oh great, there's no way I'm going to be able to live with this." I talked to him about it when he returned, he apologized, and in fact, the dog stopped doing it after that. I think the dog was just confused and freaked out about being in a new environment with its owner gone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 5:54 PM, ea93105 said:

Dogs that are not taken out for serious exercise are going to release their pent up energy in barking. I feel sorry for the OP.

According with this, we, old farts, that can not walk by ourselves, nor can I walk a dog... shouldn´t have dogs...  :(  :(

4 hours ago, Sheldon said:

According with this, we, old farts, that can not walk by ourselves, nor can I walk a dog... shouldn´t have dogs...  :(  :(

No one said that but you. If your dog doesn't get walked, but doesn't disturb the neighbors by barking, why would anyone care? But for the dog's sake, maybe you should consider paying for someone to walk the dog.

• Sad 1