Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex--how to get a faulty land line fixed now

Mainecoons

We've tried calling the service numbers and the call just gets diverted to an open line with no one and nothing on it.  Tried several different numbers with the same result.  Tried on both a cell phone and a land line.

Since we no longer have a local office to go to, what does one do now?  Is there an office in Chapala or other nearby town?

Gracias!

8 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Will try this, also would appreciate a referral to a tech who can deal with this and get the problem fixed.

When you call the 800 number have you tried using the menu to report problem with Infinitum and not phone service?   Once you get a tech and you are done reporting the infinitum problem then report the phone line as well. 

I talked to the Telmex guy that was servicing the big box at Chapala Haciendas #1 the other day.  He said there are about 100 lines in CH with problems for the last couple of weeks.  He was there fixing what vandals had done to the box.  They break the lock and have a good time screwing up everybody's lines.  He checked my number and said mine was a different problem and did his magic and I had a dial tone.