Chapala.com Webboard

US notary at lakeside.

sm1mex

Cross-Posted

This is a question that has 1,000 lives doesn't it.  If I remember correctly.... this is just me saying this delicately....  a US Notary can only notarize something WHERE their 'license' is valid. There are no valid US licenses in Mexico EXCEPT at the consulate.

There may be a way to do it 'on line' in some/all states. See  https://youtu.be/5GeR8XTWR3M

• Thanks 1

Exactly, Geeser, however maybe 10 years ago an acquaintance needed something notarized by someone from the US, perhaps California and he/she notarized documents for his/her acquaintances, lakeside, for a small fee.  I bet there are still US licensed state notaries  providing this service under the table for a slightly larger fee that what one would pay up north, lakeside. But I have no idea whom

• Sad 2

Do it the legal way: Use the nearest Mexican Notaria.

We, and others, have done that for US real estate sales, etc. It is supported by reciprocal agreements between the countries. Avoid the risk of having a transaction challenged by using an illegal US notary in Mexico.

My sister, Selecia Young-Jones, is a Notary in Florida.  Due to COVID-19, Remote On-Line Notary is now available for people living outside of the U.S.  Her company is called Rainbow Notary and Nuptials Network.  Her website is: rainbownotaryandnuptials.com where you can read about the legality, access and acceptance of this new technology.  She can also help people get an Apostille for documents.  Selecia is on WhatsApp and her number is 904-333-7311.  She is available and can answer your questions about the acceptance and validity of Remote On-Line Notary services.

Salud!

Val Jones  :)

Rick, my sister, Selecia Young-Jones, is a Florida Notary who has obtained her Remote On-Line Notary certification.  She’s visited lakeside many times over the past 20 years and has  many friends and acquaintances here as well.  

She serves as a wedding officiant and provides in-person Notary services as well as on-line Notary services.  If you are questioning the name of her business, check out her website at www.rainbownotaryandnuptials.com.  She is happy to officiate for any couple who has a valid marriage license.  She does not discriminate, love is love.  Therefore, Rainbow 🌈 encompasses everyone and is all-inclusive.

Feel free to give her a call at 904-333-7311 if you have any questions or concerns about the validity of the services she can provide Ex-Pats.  She’ll be happy to answer your questions and assist you and others, as needed.  

Salud!

Val Jones  🎊😀🎊

• Like 1

Oh, Val, I was not questioning the validity of her services at all.... just being a horse's a$$ by poking fun at the name of her business... mixing Norary services with Nuptials just struck me as funny at the time.  No offense.

But I/we may give her a call as may have the need of a Florida notary in the near future!

Thanks.... and again sorry for making fun at someone else's expense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No worries.  😀🎊😀

She has a great service, especially during this dreadful situation with COVID-19.

Salud,

Val 😀

14 minutes ago, RickS said:

Oh, Val, I was not questioning the validity of her services at all.... just being a horse's a$$ by poking fun at the name of her business... mixing Norary services with Nuptials just struck me as funny at the time.  No offense.

But I/we may give her a call as may have the need of a Florida notary in the near future!

Thanks.... and again sorry for making fun at someone else's expense. 

That Sir, showed class. Thank you. 

• Like 1

My experience with On Line Notary.  First thing to know, is that many government entities and private ones are unfamiliar with the validity of on line notary servies, and therefore, will not accept the document as notarized.  I had many documents I needed notarized and the on line service did have the good sense to suggest I call the government agency to see if they would accept this notary.  They would not.  The problem is this is a fairly new way of getting this done, and they have no experience with it.

I did get one document done by the on line notary, (that the recipient would accept) however, I was unable to get a legible printed copy although it was clear on the screen.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...