Chapala.com Webboard

Need a great dentist

LT56NY

1 hour ago, Dostortas said:

Dr. Haro in Riberas. Calle San Luis #83 in Riberas del Pilar.  376-765-3193.

state of the art equipment and the latest technology in dentistry 

I'll second that. The best dentist I ever had anywhere.

• Like 4

We're new Lakeside also (early August). I had a quick need for a dentist with a chipped tooth, both cosmetic and function. Went to Family Dental Chapala (Dr. Carlos Cerda Albo; (332) 324-6388). Next day appt, felt sanitary and covid procedures were strong, fixed and matched my tooth, spoke excellent english, grad U of GDL Dental, high google ratings, and charged only $800 Mex to repair (about $38 USD). I will go back.  Buena suerte!

• Like 1

As you (will) see, there will be some who recommend a certain Dentist(a) and others who say no to that person. That's generally because no one Dentist is 100% perfect every day for every person who walks in.

I say all of this to suggest that there ARE two Dentists who almost ALWAYS get good reviews in this town. One is Dr. Haro's office and the other is Dr. Barragan's office. Both of them a just a bit more expensive.... but of course NOTHING like US pricing.... but they consistently get good/rave reviews no matter what the work being done.

IMO a newbie in town with a current problem would best be served by going to one of these offices. Probably neither of them can see a patient the 'next day' but for an emergency they would probably make an exception.

Good luck!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

Dr Candy is possibly the worst dentist in town.. and I’m saying this from personal experience.  if all you require is a cleaning OK. anything else get out of there as fast as you can...

Dr Haro or Dr Brarragan both great dentists.. My preference is Dr Haro.

Definitely NOT my experience. 2 very difficult and complicated situations handled with great skill and professionalism.  

2 hours ago, RickS said:

As you (will) see, there will be some who recommend a certain Dentist(a) and others who say no to that person. That's generally because no one Dentist is 100% perfect every day for every person who walks in.

I say all of this to suggest that there ARE two Dentists who almost ALWAYS get good reviews in this town. One is Dr. Haro's office and the other is Dr. Barragan's office. Both of them a just a bit more expensive.... but of course NOTHING like US pricing.... but they consistently get good/rave reviews no matter what the work being done.

IMO a newbie in town with a current problem would best be served by going to one of these offices. Probably neither of them can see a patient the 'next day' but for an emergency they would probably make an exception.

Good luck!

I agree with you and you get what you pay for most of the time. My wife is from Mexico City. She has a fantastic dentist there but he is in Mexico City. His prices are very high for Mexico but he does great work the first time. If there is a problem he takes responsibility. I do not mind paying more for a skilled practitioner. In the long run just like your health it is alot more expensive to be sick (or have poor dental health) than it is to be healthy.

3 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

Dr Candy is possibly the worst dentist in town.. and I’m saying this from personal experience.  if all you require is a cleaning OK. anything else get out of there as fast as you can...

Dr Haro or Dr Brarragan both great dentists.. My preference is Dr Haro.

I had a cleaning at Dr. Candy and it the worse I have ever had.

1 hour ago, gringohombre said:

Maybe this was some time ago when she had her brother there...he was in dental school and did not work out so she now has a professional.

A woman cleaned my teeth not a guy. About 2 years ago.