Chapala.com Webboard

How to get paper that show your address.

cedros

My bank has suddenly decided I need something that shows where i live.(plus other things like Fiel, CURP, RFC #-I have these latter 2).  The problem is that I rent so utilities are not in my name. The landlord did not want to do a lease and he is gone for many months.  The phone here is in his exwife's name. If I could track her down maybe she would change it to my name. There must be a way to deal with this but I can't think of it.

We have experienced this problem with employees in our fraccionamiento.  The business requesting proof of address allowed them to use their cell phone contracts as proof.  Their contracts happened to be with Telcel which probably helped the approval.   The cell phone contract was also used to open a bank account with a major bank in Chapala.

Because I am a renter, when I renew mt driver's license, I need proof of residence. I go to the 2nd floor of city hall in Chapala. Go upstairs. Directly across from the stairs on the 2nd floor there is a desk outside an office. Present all the regular documents (2copies) and an infantile photo. Return same day and they will give you a proof of residency letter.   

1 hour ago, 777 said:

Because I am a renter, when I renew mt driver's license, I need proof of residence. I go to the 2nd floor of city hall in Chapala. Go upstairs. Directly across from the stairs on the 2nd floor there is a desk outside an office. Present all the regular documents (2copies) and an infantile photo. Return same day and they will give you a proof of residency letter.   

Thanks but I live in Jocotepec

1 hour ago, Yo1 said:

Just take any utility bill that you have; doesn't matter if it's in your name of not.  I guess the govt. figures that if you have access to the bill it must be because it came to your address.

That is a interestng idea

1 minute ago, Yo1 said:

It's not just an interesting idea, it's the truth.  Those of us that have been here a long, long time would agree.  I have rarely had utility bill in my name when renting.

I just might try that route as it is the easiest.

1 hour ago, cedros said:

Okay. do you know exactly what they need.

It has been four years since I did it so I am not familiar with the current rules.   if I remember I took an infantile sized photo along with a copy of a page of my escritura (deed) that had my name on it from a property I owned in the municipio of Jocotepec, copy of permanent resident visa, and copy of a recent telmex bill that had my name on it.  I pd something like 35 pesos for the letter.