Chapala.com Webboard

Repair service or rip-off? -You decide

LUIS ALGARIN

To public opinion:
We just got ripped-off / or you may correct my 'tag' for what happened:

*We went to Lavadoras Guzman 333 172 2350 up on the Libramiento, on Monday 31st on August to visit us at our house to diagnose a Washer machine that we have had some issues not completing the whole cycle - well, he visited our house on the 4th to 'reset t' but turned out he took it with him to do a major diagnose - and said he will call us back with pricing after diagnosis - well, he finally called back on Tuesday 8th to tell me the charge will be MX$ 1,800 for an 'actuator (solenoid basically) and a main control board replacing; I reminded him that 'he took it to diagnose and quote - not repair! But at the end I agreed and he said he will deliver it on that same day around 4.30pm - then got a call back from him 5-ish to say he will be late but still around 7.30
**Never heard back from him until on Friday 11th I went to his shop and asked for my Washer back - off course, it was NOT READY and disassembled so I waited for them to put it together!!! After putting it back, I took it to Luis Mario on Hidalgo 66D on the Riberas and took him 5 minutes to tell us that they gave me a wrong main board, and they proved it ( remember, I was there and I saw them putting it together with the main board they put back in )
***I went back on the same day to ask for my original board and he muttered: that's yours!!! To which I answered: so, where's the connection to water lever??? Then he ordered his guy to give mine back and drove-off the premises, I saw this guy doing a repair on to a main board and I asked about mine and he said: 'this is yours...' but he was soldering a water level sensor into it - guess what buddy? if it DIDN'T CAME WITH A SENSOR - the card wont read it!!! Common' !!!
I just took a pic and left the place and told him that I will see them at PROFECO

I guess we're getting a new Washer pretty darn soon!!!

But absolutely he's getting sued!

People know us - I think, and it's a policy for our lives now that we live Lakeside... This a different market, either you raise your standards or be out of business...!!! I hate when this is done to ANYONE - if you had a similar experience, please speak out and pass it along!

Lavadora 2.jpg

Lavadora.jpeg

Lavadora 3.jpg

Lavadora 4.jpg

Lavadora 6.jpg

Rather than suing go to Profeco. A lawyer will suck you dry with delays and assurances. You can file a complaint on line ,but, will have to go to Guad for a hearing. Best to hire a translator who knows Guad. It is hard to find. Profeco is VERY consumer oriented. Be very sure as to what you want in settlement and stand your ground. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, #HarryB said:

Rather than suing go to Profeco. A lawyer will suck you dry with delays and assurances. You can file a complaint on line ,but, will have to go to Guad for a hearing. Best to hire a translator who knows Guad. It is hard to find. Profeco is VERY consumer oriented. Be very sure as to what you want in settlement and stand your ground. 

My experience has been that unless you have a written contract with a provider, PROFECO doesn't handle a case.  "Written contract" includes airline tickets, and much more.  But if you simply let a guy take your washing machine, who said he'd fix it for you, you have no written contract.  YMMV.

• Like 1

Thanks all!
Yes, PROFECO isn't the best but at this point -considering all little details, it's the only way; I'm considering his better judgement on fix the issue rather than have him come to GDL - invest time and resources; But hell! The repair option is most likely for him to get a used or new logic board to replace mine - from which I'm kinda positive he used it for a different customer! And yes, he has visited our house three times already for the same washer - and yes, it's risky - once again, thinking he'll use his best judgement to settle with the repair - and off course my payment on his repairs - but with a second technician present!

About PROFECO - if they don't have proof that the business is fully 'register' - Felipe should think twice before he says no to the PROFECO appointment or a direct settlement since he's risking his whole business;

It's never my intention to damage other service providers - it's my belief since my wife and I moved Lakeside that our standards for service HAD TO BE RISEN to the TASK & MARKET - if you aren't doing so, you're destined to disappear; I'm not saying it's easy, it just takes compromises - I don't use the word 'sacrifice' or at least I don't like the use of this word...

32 minutes ago, oregontochapala said:

That is precisely the attitude that allows unscrupulous business people to continue ripping  people off.

Kudos to Luis and  others who take the more difficult  road and hopefully prevent others from losing money.

There is nothing he can do. Many years ago he could have sent a couple of "friends" to his shop for cheap when he was there alone and get compensation from him or suffer pain but today that seldom happens in this part of the country. [ or does it? ]. The standing joke was my cousin from Sinaloa can help you.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

That is precisely the attitude that allows unscrupulous business people to continue ripping  people off.

Kudos to Luis and  others who take the more difficult  road and hopefully prevent others from losing money.

You always hope for the best, but if no response - then you could help others and that at some point was well worth it!

1 hour ago, AlanMexicali said:

There is nothing he can do. Many years ago he could have sent a couple of "friends" to his shop for cheap when he was there alone and get compensation from him or suffer pain but today that seldom happens in this part of the country. [ or does it? ]. The standing joke was my cousin from Sinaloa can help you.

Yeap! Heard that example before! HAHAHAHA, shut!