Chapala.com Webboard

More excitement at Los3 Butchery!

happyjillin

7 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

@happyjillin  Do they sell fresh (or frozen) duck breast?

The package I bought was not frozen and you're probably not familiar with Smoked duck breast "slices" as it's quite hard to find even in German delis in Canada for example. Think of a texture similar to prosciutto slices but not as thin.It's used as a cold cut on bread.

@happyjillin  Not asking about the smoked duck, asking if they carry raw duck breasts, either fresh or frozen.  

PS: Smoked duck salad has often been on menu at Cocinart for the past few years.  It's quite tasty, usually with dried cranberries, toasted nuts.  A few weeks ago they paired the sliced smoked duck with watermelon, dried blueberries, almonds and fresh mixed greens.  

7 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

@happyjillin  Not asking about the smoked duck, asking if they carry raw duck breasts, either fresh or frozen.  

PS: Smoked duck salad has often been on menu at Cocinart for the past few years.  It's quite tasty, usually with dried cranberries, toasted nuts.  A few weeks ago they paired the sliced smoked duck with watermelon, dried blueberries, almonds and fresh mixed greens.  

Cocinart no longer serve any kind of smoked duck dishes and it probably wasn't like this in the dishes you described. To the uninitiated this german style smoked duck breast would almost seem raw.  You do need good teeth. My wife doesn't like the fatty part but I do so I will have her left overs. Los 3 Butchery keep it in the cooler with their cheeses.

IMG_1263.jpg

1 minute ago, Ian Greenwood said:

Costco now has duck breasts  in three packs .

Not smoked I would speculate and that's what I'm talking about as per foto which is not  bloody in the least kam the negative thinker. In any event, kam you didn't have to look nor at any other of my posts  the majority of which seem to get yer dander up. I say to you -jajajajajajaja! and a SNORK!

7 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Too bad that you, or the butchers, hadn't dry aged them. That would have made huge difference in taste and tenderness.

https://www.seriouseats.com/2020/02/roast-dry-age-duck.html

What escapes you about these being smoked duck breasts? It has nothing to do with roast duck which I have been eating  for well over 75 years and my grandmother, mother and I always used/use FRESH or frozen duck for ROASTING.The wild ducks that I shot I roasted not past rare. Yes there are many ways of preparing ducks and duck parts.  Keep on googling as that appears to be your only experience randy chillin.

• Sad 1

Maybe you should get a bounty from a vegan organization for anyone who becomes a vegetarian after reading your posts. Eating raw uncooked smoked bacon fat, eating raw, uncooked smoked duck breast that you report is tough and stringy. Yuck, just Yuck.

Wait until you arrive the gates of heaven and find out it is being run by a duck. Next down elevator for you!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ian Greenwood said:

Bisbee gal ...they are frozen ,individually packed and quite large.....and no Chillin you cannot dry age or roast them !

Randy chillin is an expert on everything. Haven't you noticed Ian?

3 hours ago, Ian Greenwood said:

By the way your gift of Prague salt was much appreciated and helped get the Smokehouse into making excellent corned beef. I have had it from them 3 times now.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ian Greenwood said:

Bisbee gal ...they are frozen ,individually packed and quite large.....and no Chillin you cannot dry age or roast them !

Don't understand your reasoning at all on this one. Cold smoke is flavor only. I was going to offer you some free Shio Koji to try out, but I guess we are flying at different culinary levels. Would you serve your patrons duck which had not heated to 149 f, by whatever means? Are you hoping that freezing kills any parasites or bacteria?

Sushi huh? Sushi and Shashimi are not raw as many people think, but must be chilled to a temperature just above freezing for a certain period. How do I know this? Not Google, but lived a block away from a Japanese seafood shop who supplied most of the Sushi restaurants in Vancouver.

The Japanese, above all other cuisines, savor many "raw" ingredients, but the packaging must specifically declare the meat has been tested.

Here is what the Tokyo food safety department has to say about it.

https://www.fukushihoken.metro.tokyo.lg.jp/shokuhin/eng/faq/category06/38.html

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Pictures of fatty smoked duck sushi are not hard to find.

himawari-zushi-shintoshin.jpg

Now all of a sudden you're posting a Japanese dish which is clearly unlike the German version which is available here. To my knowledge the Japanese isn't available here,in any event.So your point is what? As well as telling people that it's available right here for their enjoyment or not,I am trying to help a nice young couple with a family to support with their very good new business. And what is yours and randy chillin's motivation-eh!

IMG_1263.jpg

On 9/14/2020 at 11:40 AM, CHILLIN said:

Maybe you should get a bounty from a vegan organization for anyone who becomes a vegetarian after reading your posts. Eating raw uncooked smoked bacon fat, eating raw, uncooked smoked duck breast that you report is tough and stringy. Yuck, just Yuck.

Wait until you arrive the gates of heaven and find out it is being run by a duck. Next down elevator for you!

You can believe in imaginary places, but I believe in the here and now and yes there are gated communities here but I have never heard of one called heaven nor one with an elevator . As to just a couple of,out of many things, I enjoy eating,so what. Unlike you,I have never disparaged your cuisine no matter how unpalatable a lot of it seems. The lightly smoked bacon here is the closest thing to the roher schinken I had the pleasure of being introduce to by my cousins in Kaufbeuren,Bavaria. You obviously have not tried the geraucherte entenbrust which is not stringy in the least and I never said it was tough but is a thicker version of prosciutto in texture, which you would also need good teeth for if it were thicker sliced. In your lame attempt to insult me you may have insulted many thousands of germans who enjoy those 2 things for their brotzeit. Good work-SNORK!

pedro kertesz

You claim to be suffering a debilitating illness which you say no Doctor has been able to diagnose. You eat raw pork and poultry, maybe the penny should drop, especially if you are immune compromised.

Another windstorm in the canyons of your mind. Ilegal in Germany since 2013.

https://www.foodnavigator.com/Article/2017/05/19/Two-outbreaks-of-Salmonella-linked-to-German-pig-farms

36 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

You claim to be suffering a debilitating illness which you say no Doctor has been able to diagnose. You eat raw pork and poultry, maybe the penny should drop, especially if you are immune compromised

Now your pretending to be a doctor and still not getting much straight. I  don't eat raw poultry nor is bacon raw.  What an interesting imagination you have. I challenge you to help a small local business instead of screwing around about nothing in a thread with YOUR nonsense that is not beneficial to this particular business[LOS 3 BUTCHER]. I do have a good laugh about your many mistakes randy chillin-jajajaja!