Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Computerized color matching


Recommended Posts

If you mean for consumer paint colors there might be some very basic setups. They are limited because the choice of pigments and combinations is limited. If you mean graphic arts or printing, they mostly use Pantone swatchs, which can offer thousands of variations. Each Pantone color has a number, then it is the printer who has to match it. Many interior designers also use Pantone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, #HarryB said:

Does anyone lakeside have computerized color matching?

 

The Comex store next to Pemex in Ajijic does but  they were quite bad at matching. I found the Prisa/Truper store on the carrterea in downtown Ajijic did a much better job without a computer-just eyeball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cedros said:

I found the Prisa/Truper store on the carrterea in downtown Ajijic did a much better job without a computer-just eyeball.

A friend bought several gallons of paint mixed at the above store that was supposed to be the same as the color swatch.  Oh boy, was it off--not even close and it was mixed using the computer with the color code.  And then another couple of gallons of contrasting trim color from the same swatch.  Again, not even close.  That was an expensive lesson.  Always look in the can before you leave the store!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Yo1 said:

A friend bought several gallons of paint mixed at the above store that was supposed to be the same as the color swatch.  Oh boy, was it off--not even close and it was mixed using the computer with the color code.  And then another couple of gallons of contrasting trim color from the same swatch.  Again, not even close.  That was an expensive lesson.  Always look in the can before you leave the store!!

 

Prisa does not use a computer. Do you mean Comex.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cedros said:

Prisa does not use a computer. Do you mean Comex.

The paint store where the Truper hardware store is next to Intercam.  Maybe they didn't use a computer, I don't remember, but they had the machine with cylinders of different colors to tint the base.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Yo1 said:

A friend bought several gallons of paint mixed at the above store that was supposed to be the same as the color swatch.  Oh boy, was it off--not even close and it was mixed using the computer with the color code.  And then another couple of gallons of contrasting trim color from the same swatch.  Again, not even close.  That was an expensive lesson.  Always look in the can before you leave the store!!

 

Which store are you referring to when you say above? There are several above. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Yo1 said:

The paint store where the Truper hardware store is next to Intercam.  Maybe they didn't use a computer, I don't remember, but they had the machine with cylinders of different colors to tint the base.

 

They don't have a computer. If the boss (Efren?) is doing the matching it is excellent. If it is someone else who knows.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It always amazes me how body shops can usually match a car colour perfectly yes house painter have so much trouble.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...