Chapala.com Webboard

NEW Car Purchase

hensley

Just want to put a shout out about purchasing a brand new Honda Fit for my Father at the dealership on Gonzales Gallo. We dealt with Fredrick, he spoke very good English and explained everything very simple to my Dad. We had to wait a bit for the plates but they delivered the car to our door today. Very professional and communicated all the time with us. His phone number is 331-395-2825. Nice not dealing with the middle man! So watch out for my Dad driving around town!! haha. Highly Recommend!!!

62120482191__E7B7E563-7B6C-4662-A964-DAC2F22EA9C4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I bought my then new 2013 Honda CRV from the Guadalajara dealer via his lakeside representative, S&S Auto 765-4800. Apparently S&S Auto is able to sell several different brands of new cars at the same price offered by the dealers in Guadalajara.

I bought one fit from S&S when I switched to Mexican plated cars...then it was totaled...so I was quoted on another Fit....I asked for automatic and was quoted on a stick shift and was told it was the only one available....then quoted on Auto when I asked again....I then went To Guad and was quoted less on the same car models with the same accessories...plus was offered other free products. I have, in 16 years here....bought another fit from a dealer in Guad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Gosh I did not realize the original poster's experience could develop into such a controversial issue..there must be something in the air to make us feel grumpy 

That is 
normal
here.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I can only tell you that when I purchased my 2013 Honda that I did compare prices with the dealer in Guad and with S&S and the prices were the same. The folks at S&S also told me that the prices were the same. I assumed that they still were or still are.

Its amazing the lengths people will go to to save a few bucks, 30 years ago Guad only had a couple of dealers and a handful of brands. I purchased a new car in Guad years ago and it was kind of  a pain to have to take it in for servicing, but then again, I was working full time.

Since then, I have purchased one brand new car and a couple of used cars from SS and have always had great service from Karen and Spencer.

If people feel freebies are worth the drive to Guad that's great, in the long run things may go smoothly for you, the issue is that if you ever run into a problem and have to run back and forth into Guad to get it sorted it is not a lot of fun.

At SS you buy a new car, they will take the car in for servicing for you and even pay the yearly taxes for a fee of course, which for me is worth its weight in gold, then again I understand that a lot of people lakeside have all the time in the world and would like to o things themselves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, southernguy said:

Its amazing the lengths people will go to to save a few bucks, 30 years ago Guad only had a couple of dealers and a handful of brands. I purchased a new car in Guad years ago and it was kind of  a pain to have to take it in for servicing, but then again, I was working full time.

Since then, I have purchased one brand new car and a couple of used cars from SS and have always had great service from Karen and Spencer.

If people feel freebies are worth the drive to Guad that's great, in the long run things may go smoothly for you, the issue is that if you ever run into a problem and have to run back and forth into Guad to get it sorted it is not a lot of fun.

At SS you buy a new car, they will take the car in for servicing for you and even pay the yearly taxes for a fee of course, which for me is worth its weight in gold, then again I understand that a lot of people lakeside have all the time in the world and would like to o things themselves.

S & S takes your car to GLD at no cost every time it is due for an oil change?   

2 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

S & S takes your car to GLD at no cost every time it is due for an oil change?   

Please note what I said in the last paragraph.

At SS you buy a new car, they will take the car in for servicing for you and even pay the yearly taxes for a fee of course.

I believe that fee is around $600.00 pesos,  still a bargain considering the time it saves me.

• Like 2

It's been since 2013 since I bought a new car from S&S Auto and I could either take my own car into Guad for free service or pay S&S Auto  a fee take the car in for me and get the free service when the car was new. The fee which might have been $600, I don't remember, was only for the transportation of the car and then waiting at the dealer for the work to be done and to then drive my car back either to S&S Auto or to my home.  

2 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

And that makes it true?

They tell customer in ajijic that the dealerships in Guadalajara do not give discounts.  Not true.  I have receive quite a discount and lots of freebies thrown in and so have many people I know.   It is a known fact and when S&S buys from them for whomever they get the discount.  This way they can get the oil change done and other things done with money.  They are in business to make money.  

• Like 1

Important for everyone to know:  S&S has always been able to maintain same pricing as dealerships in Guadalajara - as pricing is fixed by the manufacturers.  Sometimes, prices posted do not show any rebates, and it's been the experience of some buyers that they are led to believe they are getting a better deal (but it's the rebate) and these rebates are available to everyone (whether purchased through S&S Auto or directly from dealerships).  And DAISY2013 - that is not true ... S&S DOES NOT get discounts on NEW vehicles from dealerships in Guadalajara - if they do, they pass that discount on to the buyer!   Plus, S&S only charges extra if facilitating purchases on USED vehicles from Guadalajara.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1