Chapala.com Webboard

gardener company

glws7777

I often think since it does not get cold enough here to get plants to shed their leaves the ants do it for us.  Usually the plants if cared for will come back better than ever.  Having said this I still poison the ants.  It is most effective to poison them at night when they are doing the most work.  The queen will not eat the poison so the goal is to kill as many workers as possible. 

After 17 years of killing zillions of Leaf Cutter Ants oregontochapala is correct--they will be back.  My ants come from neighbors yards so I cannot kill them in the nest. I go out after dark and spray the column with Ortho Home Defense as they march back and forth. Death is rapid, but they will recover and they will return.

On 9/7/2020 at 11:18 AM, Yo1 said:

The plants in this area grow like weeds.  Sounds like you need an ant killer or a fumigation service.

Has anyone used a fumigation service for cutter ants?

3 hours ago, ManxMan said:

Yes, we call Manny (Don't Bug Me) whenever they show up - usually once or twice a year. He takes care of them and they're gone.

Thanks. Do you have a number for him? I would love to not have to go out there every night.