Chapala.com Webboard

Mexico to Participate in Russian Vaccine Trials Next Month

Bisbee Gal

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-mexico-russia/mexico-eyes-october-start-for-phase-3-trials-of-russian-coronavirus-vaccine-minister-idUSKBN25U2ZI

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexico said on Thursday that it plans to take part in stage 3 trials of the Russian coronavirus vaccine in October, part of the nation’s efforts to secure supplies of possible future COVID-19 vaccines.

Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard said that if the Mexican regulator permits it, the Russian vaccine can be brought to Mexico and several thousand volunteers will “test that vaccine in our country as close as next month”.

15 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Wow what could possible go wrong with that set up...I mean how reliable is the MX govenment  info/stistic's coming from the current Corvis - 19  infection and death rate

• Like 1

My concern would be the safety of the vaccine. From what I have read, Russia has done only very limited studies, no placebos, and not enough data to determine the safety and long term effectiveness of the vaccine. They have failed to release the kinds of data generally shared with other scientists. There are serious concerns.

If any vaccine is rushed without the necessary safeguards and proper testing, and it turns out to be less than effective or have serious side effects among certain groups, people will be afraid to get vaccinated at all. The long term results will mean that even to good vaccines won't be given to enough people to provide the desired results.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, johanson said:

I'm getting mine up North, Senior citizens are high up on the priority lists, And with good luck, I will get my first vaccine shot in late November, and possibly a second one two to four weeks later.

Where did you get the info that says a vaccine will be available.... even to Seniors.... in late November?   Trump?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RickS said:

Where did you get the info that says a vaccine will be available.... even to Seniors.... in late November?   Trump?

It has been suggested that Trump will be rushing the tests and trying to get the vaccine available before the November voting date so that he can take credit for this and gain votes. I trust my Doctor. And I will get the vaccine when my Doc says it is safe.

I don't trust vaccines.  Do some research on vaccines in general before you allow someone to inject you.  Also, isn't it interesting that vaccines normally take years, and now all of a sudden, one will be available quickly.  I don't get vaccines, flu or otherwise.  Don't believe what doctors tell you.  They don't know everything. They ar sold just like everyone else.  

A perfect example.  A couple of years ago, I overhead a woman say she trusted her doctor and that he said it didn't matter which flu type you were guarding against, and that the flu vaccine strengthened the immune system.  When I looked on the CDC website, it stated that anyone with a compromised immune system should not take the flu vaccine........

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

Yes the world would be better off with no vaccines. Far smaller population and no need for retirement accounts.

We could all enjoy polio, smallpox, measles, chicken pox, diptheria, rubella, whooping cough, not to mention hepatitus, tetanus, cholera, tuburculosis, typhoid, influenza and a few more.

Why anyone would use vaccines is a mystery.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Your prerogative to believe what you wish.  But your example doesn't support your case as her doctor was 'spot on' about flu vaccines. It 'teaches' your immune system to recognize  that a virus is a threat.

With respect to the CDC and their recommendation about taking the flu vaccine if one has a compromised immune system... Yes many of us understand that. The CDC counts as conditions which they consider leading to a compromised or immunocompromised immune system these things:  

• Cancer
  • Bone marrow transplant
  • Solid organ transplant
  • Stem cells for cancer treatment
  • Genetic immune deficiencies
  • HIV
  • Use of oral or intravenous corticosteroids or other medicines called immunosuppressants that lower the body’s ability to fight some infections (e.g., mycophenolate, sirolimus, cyclosporine, tacrolimus, etanercept, rituximab)

Most of us are not running around with compromised immune systems fortunately.  I'll continue to take the flu vaccines annually to help my aging immune system take care of me. It's been working for lo these many years.