Chapala.com Webboard

Cuban Sandwichaholic???

heidinrick

Heidi and I both had REAL cuban sandwiches at Sabor del Caribe in Riberas today and they were fantastic. Best I've had since leaving Florida! The sandwich is ham, pork (cooked the Cuban way!), swiss cheese, pickles and mustard...served with fries for $85 pesos. I would have gladly paid much more! All kinds of goodies on the menu at excellent prices. They bake their own bread and pastries. Took a loaf home and Heidi at about 1/3 befoer we arrived! Damn, it was good!

20200903_143612.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We've gotten delivery and eaten there several times. Both are great. The fries don't travel very well, but that's to be expected. They have many more items on the full restaurant menu than on the delivery menu. Everything I've tried has been fantastic. Cozy, comfortable spot, too.

On 9/3/2020 at 5:20 PM, heidinrick said:

Heidi and I both had REAL cuban sandwiches at Sabor del Caribe in Riberas today and they were fantastic. Best I've had since leaving Florida! The sandwich is ham, pork (cooked the Cuban way!), swiss cheese, pickles and mustard...served with fries for $85 pesos. I would have gladly paid much more! All kinds of goodies on the menu at excellent prices. They bake their own bread and pastries. Took a loaf home and Heidi at about 1/3 befoer we arrived! Damn, it was good!

20200903_143612.jpg

20200903_143612.jpg

I assume the fly enjoyed the sandwich also.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

Google it.

Capture.PNG

Why should I Google it? This is a board for local information here. I would think that a review would include detailed information on the location. Why should I go to an international site that is vacuuming up information on anyone going there and reselling it? Plus they will not be giving information on such as "near such in such" or "across from such in such" or "on lakeside or mountainside near such in such". Just my opinion!!!  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 7

6 hours ago, Upfront said:

it is not a review it is a personal comment. get a grip and do as you are told please

and it is such and such, not such in such

Tsk, tsk, tsk...YOU get a grip!!! Since when is a review in the restaurant/food section of a web board a "personal comment"???

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Why should I Google it? This is a board for local information here. I would think that a review would include detailed information on the location. Why should I go to an international site that is vacuuming up information on anyone going there and reselling it? Plus they will not be giving information on such as "near such in such" or "across from such in such" or "on lakeside or mountainside near such in such". Just my opinion!!!  

When people say "Google it", they don't always mean that you actually use Google.  Similar to when people say "use a kleenex" when that is actually a brand name and there are other brands of tissues.   We haven't used Google as a search engine for a couple years.   Try duckduckgo.com      Just my opinion too!

Do they use a China Box (aka, La Caja China) to cook the pork?  

3 hours ago, Upfront said:

when it is not a reveiw. where does it say RESTAURANT REVIEWS in the title. you say you come here for HELP and then you poop all over the place because you dont liek it. how cool

WHAAAAT????

2 hours ago, ibarra said:

When people say "Google it", they don't always mean that you actually use Google.  Similar to when people say "use a kleenex" when that is actually a brand name and there are other brands of tissues.   We haven't used Google as a search engine for a couple years.   Try duckduckgo.com      Just my opinion too!

My point is that search engines might be good for in some instances, but who would know better than someone who actually lives here and knows all the local details such as no search engine would? Just my opinion.

Hi Gringohombre! I'm so terribly sorry that I caused you such a problem! I couldn't think of any landmarks and I know how difficult googleing can be! God forbid you're ever faced waith a real dilema such as which utensil to use for soup! I can't believe how some people dig and dig for something to criticize! Buena suerte!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, heidinrick said:

Hi Gringohombre! I'm so terribly sorry that I caused you such a problem! I couldn't think of any landmarks and I know how difficult googleing can be! God forbid you're ever faced waith a real dilema such as which utensil to use for soup! I can't believe how some people dig and dig for something to criticize! Buena suerte!

jaja! thingie

35 minutes ago, Upfront said:

the guy said it was in riberas. he had lunch and told us he liked it. but that was not good enough for you nosir. so instead of pretending to be baffled. look we all know you are always baffled anyway. give it up.

by the way i have never seen rick comment on anyubody elses posts. you win the tin medal for getting him to do so

joke medal.jpg

36 minutes ago, Upfront said:

the guy said it was in riberas. he had lunch and told us he liked it. but that was not good enough for you nosir. so instead of pretending to be baffled. look we all know you are always baffled anyway. give it up.

by the way i have never seen rick comment on anyubody elses posts. you win the tin medal for getting him to do so

like! thingie

5 hours ago, heidinrick said:

Sir...there was no criticizing involved. I was not even just asking you, just anyone here to give a simple landmark...Lakeside or Mountainside...near to...across from? Why has Google become such a God to some people. I prefer info from people who live here and can give simple clear directions...after all, is not this what this board is supposed to be all about? 

30 minutes ago, kam said:

This board is to give you information, not live your life for you. Use the big spoon for the soup.

Is not asking for a location and directions what you wrote here: "This board is to give you information"? Please...get out for some fresh air, and don't forget your mask!

39 minutes ago, Upfront said:

But you didn't just ask. YOU BITCHED when someone suggested google. talk about needing fresh air. maybe you should take yours off. obviously you are getting no oxygen to the brain.

a good search engine is worth its weight in goldthese days. to refuse to do your own searches is like a little kidtelling his father he didnt ASK to be born. immature and close minded.

I am a guy who deals in FACTS...Please prove that I BITCHED and I will apologize. Looking at this post it looks like YOU are the one doing the BITCHING!!! 

• Sad 1

I have had that sandwich and it was delicious. I actually was going to the Mediterranean Cafe but drove by it (even though I have eaten there several times before). I was going to turn around and head back when I spotted this place. It was delightful and delicious!