Chapala.com Webboard

Mobdro question again

Natasha

Asking again, because first referral (rich...@gmail) only does Firestick and my problem is with andoid box for TV.   Derek Installed our box over 3 years ago, and with a few tweaks was good until last requested Mobdro update a few weeks (months?) ago.  I thought I'd managed to do it, but ever since whether (1) clicking on Mobdro icon and/or (2) trying from Settings/Apps it does not open AND it jams up everything. Have to reboot the box!

PLEASE people:  Your opinion on Mobdro is NOT the question. I only want it  as a back-up for those times when TV Tap won't "hold" or for those few times when Mobdro offers a channel eg Aljazeera that TV Tap does not.  Wanted for MSNBC, CNN, BBC , Animal channels, and Golf.... so NO interest in other options that offer whatever range of "regular" shows.

Thank you for staying on topic or going to another one!!

Could be several things:   

1 - Might need to re-install Mobdro,

2 - may need to factory reset the Android box and then re-install Mobdro,

3 - the newer Mobdro may not like your version of Android.    On this last one,  if this is the case, then either find an older version of Mobdro or see if it is possible to load a newer version of Android.       

None of these are fun to do....so:   this is fast and easy:

https://ustvgo.tv/      This has all the ones you mention, MSNBC, CNN, BBC (BBC America) , Animal channels, and Golf.    Listed in alpha order and , free, and unlocked, no need to use VPN for them.     EDIT:   Golf channel now requires VPN.

Very kind of you VirgoLady, but you are speaking a language I TOTALLY do not understand!! That's why I need some to do all this (and more?) for me.  At my age, being any kind of a  techie will never be a possibility and I accept that....incomprehensible to some as that may be.

Well, the android  box we have works well enough and until this last episode so did Mobdro. Others find the same, altho' with Derek departed it has made a big hole.  That said, I just learned of ribbon ethernet cable and IF the person I asked says it could help with TvTap reception, then won't need to pursue Mobdro further.

And just what IS ".. the Mobdro monstrosity..."? because you really lost me there.

6 hours ago, Natasha said:

Very kind of you VirgoLady, but you are speaking a language I TOTALLY do not understand!! That's why I need some to do all this (and more?) for me.  At my age, being any kind of a  techie will never be a possibility and I accept that....incomprehensible to some as that may be.

Just click on that ustvgo link, and try it - can't get any easier than that and it works great.   (if you don't mind watching on your computer or tablet....or you can cast from there to your TV using the Android box without engaging Mobdro) - agree with Oregon - it is a mess and has a lot of issues