Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Recommended Posts

Do you mean crossing into Mexico?     The current rules say no entry into Mexico or the USA by land crossings for the purposes of tourism.  There have been reports of people entering into Mexico and getting FMMs.  The rules say a doctors appt is a valid reason to cross. I am aware of Mexicans making appointments in the USA and printing a copy of the email and then being allowed to cross. 

Why not contact CBX for the most current information?




Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TelsZ4 said:

The Mexican authorities never ask for anything.. you just walk across the bridge to to the US immigration/customs booths.

I lived in San Diego ( using theTJ airport ) for many decades and Mexicali for years before moving full time to San Luis Potosi years ago. Both airports will have INM officials at the entrance to the baggage claim area and I have been asked many times by them: "Show me your document to be in Mexico legally" or to that affect when flying from central Mexico on a national flight.

Recently I have returned to San Diego via the TJ airport a few times and they still ask at the entrance to the TJ airport baggage claim area.


  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...