Chapala.com Webboard

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This happened to me at SuperLake, but it could have been anywhere. A man came up to me and started babbling about some products. Asking odd questions ... I felt a tug on my purse, spun around and foun

Who said anything about carrying all this to "the grocery store"?  When I go on a shopping trip, I go to Costco, my upholstery supply shop, the fabric store, Home Depot, Mega, and usually about 3 othe

Could you be any more condescending? This was posted by someone who wanted to warn others. She didn't say or indicate anything about being "surprised". And I said in my OP here that I should have know

4 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

The reason thieves hangout in Walmart is there are so many easy pickings there.. 
You see expat women wandering around oblivious to their surroundings, their bags laying in the cart, so many times you see them step away or turn their back on the cart and then they wonder why they have been robbed and post on here with righteousness indignation.. The management at Walmart is too polite to say to them “Well you got what you deserve”  Sadly its the way it is here and in many other parts of the world. If we all take a minute to think about what we are doing it would eliminate many of these types of theft. 

I don't think there are many "expat women"  so clueless as to leave their bag in the cart. That is not the scenario of the thefts that were mentioned in this thread. Nor have I ever seen any posts on the topic of theft which express "righteous indignation". 

And Walmart management can't do anything about thieves out in the parking lot. Complaining there is pointless. When I got robbed in the parking lot, I went directly to the security office for the entire shopping complex ad spoke to the head of security there, who came with me out to the parking lot where I showed him what area it happened in and described the thief.

3 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

I don't think there are many "expat women"  so clueless as to leave their bag in the cart. That is not the scenario of the thefts that were mentioned in this thread. Nor have I ever seen any posts on the topic of theft which express "righteous indignation". 

And Walmart management can't do anything about thieves out in the parking lot. Complaining there is pointless. When I got robbed in the parking lot, I went directly to the security office for the entire shopping complex ad spoke to the head of security there, who came with me out to the parking lot where I showed him what area it happened in and described the thief.

I often point out to women in Walmart that it is risky to leave their purse unattended in their cart. Usually they thank me but sometimes I just get dirty looks.

On 8/20/2020 at 6:57 PM, cedros said:

It is a 3rd world country in some ways.

When lived in L.A., my car was broken into one time and stolen another. When I moved to Portland, OR, my car was stolen, my garage burglarized, there was an armed standoff next door between the cops and some car thieves, and we had a drive by shooting on our street. Nothing like that has happened to me in my 13 years living in Mexico. I guess 3rd World is a bit broader than a lot of people think.

• Like 1

Look at this from the Walmart manager's point of view. If he identifies the thieves and has them arrested, they don't come in his store and use the stolen credit cards to buy thousands of pesos worth of merchandise. It's all about the bottom line....

• Like 1
6 hours ago, cookj5 said:

When lived in L.A., my car was broken into one time and stolen another. When I moved to Portland, OR, my car was stolen, my garage burglarized, there was an armed standoff next door between the cops and some car thieves, and we had a drive by shooting on our street. Nothing like that has happened to me in my 13 years living in Mexico. I guess 3rd World is a bit broader than a lot of people think.

That is a different matter that has nothing to do with 3rd world conditions.

9 hours ago, MtnMama said:

Look at this from the Walmart manager's point of view. If he identifies the thieves and has them arrested, they don't come in his store and use the stolen credit cards to buy thousands of pesos worth of merchandise. It's all about the bottom line....

talk about discrimination

I have several Travelon anti-theft purses, and I love them. The main strap has cables in it, would need a bolt cutter to get through them, the sides have high-strength steel wire in them, non-slashable, zipper locks, and the strap can be wrapped around a chair, or the grocery cart, very secure. I highly recommend them. Pretty colors, too, all sizes.

Www.travelon.com