Chapala.com Webboard

Question about Paying Telmex Bill

I live in Chapala and have no idea if the Telmex office in Ajijic is open for customers wanting to pay bills.

I pay several months in advance, but the latest advance payment is just about used up.  So now I have to pay Telmex  some money (I pay in cash and have no credit cards) but I have no idea if I can pay at their office or if I have to pay somewhere else.

My dilemma is increased by the Covid pandemic, since I am only leaving my home when necessary.  Plus, because of the pandemic, I am only receiving Telmex bills on an irregular basis, usually once every two months or so.  I also don't have a car, which means that if I want to find out if Telmex offices are open, I would have to take a taxi - a waste of time and money if the offices are closed.

I would also like to know where - if the telmex office is closed - I can pay the bill, paying several months in advance.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance for your assistance.

If Telmex in Ajijic is closed you can pay (cash or CC) at their machine outside. I have paid two accounts there.

Hopefuly you can pay in advance there

48 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I think you can pay at Walmart also

I am pretty sure that you can only pay the current bill (with the invoice) at Walmart.  That may be true at OXXO also, not sure.

There isn't a Telmex office in Chapala.  The one in Ajijic is closed.  We use the kiosk just outside of Telmex in Ajijic.  So far, everyone has been wearing masks while they wait in line.  You do not need your invoice, just need your 10 digit phone to enter and then pay. 

Thanks for the assistance.  I didn't know there was a kiosk outside of the telmex office in ajijic.  That is what I'll make use of to pay my bill.  I have been using the machine outside of the CFE office in Chapala to pay my electricity bill.  So this is basically the same process.

5 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

On 8/18/2020 at 9:41 AM, tomgates said:

Telmex pay in the USA can be done at home.

https://www.telmexusa.com/en

click on Retail Services, follow prompts

Tom paying through this US Telmex site https://www.telmexusa.com/en is quite expensive. My bill is $20.04 and the charge for paying it is $2.00. That is 10% the credit card companies charge 2%-3%. Seems excessive. I used to use it but do not now that charge is so high.

We pay our bill at the machine outside of Telmex in Ajijic. Our bill is always $389. This time they added a $61. charge. No idea why. Anyone else?

12 minutes ago, gogirl said:

We pay our bill at the machine outside of Telmex in Ajijic. Our bill is always $389. This time they added a $61. charge. No idea why. Anyone else?

Still $389 since we signed up at this house, early 2017.  Our speed has since improved, but no change in monthly charge.  

The $389 package doesn't cover 800 calls to the US  and Canada and only has coverage to about 50 countries. If the charge was not from an 800 number, it could be that you made a long distance call to a country not covered by this package.

5 hours ago, gogirl said:

That is the problem of not being able to see a "hard" copy of your bill...what are the extra charges etc........Maybe for the Carlos Slim Benevolent Fund for poor unemployed  employee's??

18 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

That is the problem of not being able to see a "hard" copy of your bill...what are the extra charges etc........Maybe for the Carlos Slim Benevolent Fund for poor unemployed  employee's??

You can download a PDF of your current bill and some past bills on https://telmex.com/web/hogar/mi-telmex

10 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

Did you make any 1-800 calls to the US?

7 hours ago, johanson said:

The $389 package doesn't cover 800 calls to the US  and Canada and only has coverage to about 50 countries. If the charge was not from an 800 number, it could be that you made a long distance call to a country not covered by this package.

I have a physical copy of the bill and the extra charge is not on it. It only shows up on the receipt from the machine. The same thing happened to my neighbor. $61pesos added on.  I only use Telmex for local calls since I have an American vonage number for all other calls.