Chapala.com Webboard

Border closure for non essential travel extended

Mainecoons

Don't think so. He already liked my comment. (probably because it was logical and following the subject of this thread.)

Many people read these threads looking for current information.  You indicated the ability to cross into Mexico depended on a whim of a Mexican immigration official

I asked you if you had knowledge of anyone being denied ...   You accused me of possibly launching a personal attack (so now asking a question is possibly launching a personal attack????).... and said I shouldn't waste my time... ( which is basically a personal attack against my asking a question.. check the mirror) 

On 9/9/2020 at 4:04 PM, Mostlylost said:

Don't think so. He already liked my comment. (probably because it was logical and following the subject of this thread.)

Many people read these threads looking for current information.  You indicated the ability to cross into Mexico depended on a whim of a Mexican immigration official

I asked you if you had knowledge of anyone being denied ...   You accused me of possibly launching a personal attack (so now asking a question is possibly launching a personal attack????).... and said I shouldn't waste my time... ( which is basically a personal attack against my asking a question.. check the mirror) 

Grow up.

• Like 1

Sept 17 Laredo Morning Times...For the first time since the pandemic began, Laredo Mayor Pete Saenz believes both the timing is right and that the community and local officials are ready for the city’s bridges to reopen to tourists from Mexico. “Before, certain groups were pressuring (the city to reopen). ... I just couldn’t see council, and the medical authority as well — internally we just weren’t ready. But I think we’re ready now,” Saenz said. 

The rest of Laredo City Council appears to feel similarly. After enforcing a curfew for months, they voted to lift it on Monday, and also voted to allow restaurants to expand their outdoor dining capacity.

On Thursday, Saenz is attending a Texas Border Coalition meeting, where he will ask its members if they are interesting in petitioning the federal government as a unified region to end these travel restrictions at the border.

The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas estimated in 2012 that 40-45% of Laredo’s retail activity comes from Mexican shoppers, and many of these shoppers cross the bridge with a tourist visa.

Still, the decision to open the bridges ultimately falls on the Department of Homeland Security. Saenz said he not received any hint from federal officials that ending these travel restrictions is a possibility.