Chapala.com Webboard

Cell phone service provider

cedros

I got quite a few replies Here and another site and I was surprised That Telcel is still so popular.  I've had it with Ana at her Telcel store by Alex's pasta and have returned to Telcel at Laguna.  (this is the second time I have left Ana). It is easy to pay Telcel online.

On 8/15/2020 at 8:00 AM, Upfront said:

Ana is not a telcel rep

That seems to be the case even though she has a Telcel sign. I can't figure out how she operates. She does do some peculiar things. 

Some twenty years ago, or whenever it was that we could first use Cell phones lakeside, Anna was in a smaller office closer to the Carretera. In those days she always had a smile on her face and she was a great pleasure to do business with. I miss the Anna of the past.

5 hours ago, RickS said:

...such as?

The latest one is. I told her my phone didn't ring long enough for me to get to it. I have tried to fix that but it didn't work. Ana replied come back in 3 or 4 hours and I will fix that. What? I have to go home (an hour away) and then return? So I went to Telcel at Laguna mall. They told me they could do that but I had no time on my phone. (Ana said I had time until September 5).  But the lady at Laguna mall fixed it right away anyway. 

2 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

As Mr. Spock would say  "it seems logical to deal direct with the company and not with a subcontractor" 

Logic does not always come into it when you are dealing with Telcel.

39 minutes ago, Upfront said:

ring time has nothing to do with thecompany and everything to do with the phone make

Sort of

1 hour ago, Upfront said:

ring time has nothing to do with thecompany and everything to do with the phone make

Yes, I asked how to do it via google-make and model of phone but....

On 8/13/2020 at 3:24 PM, AngusMactavish said:

I paid $4,488 for the 24 months with 2 GB each month.

Well, that's not twice the cost of Telcel. I do pay as you go Telcel Sin Limites- 150 pesos for about 3 weeks. If I translate that to 24 months, It's just over 5100 pesos. With 2GB.

On 8/17/2020 at 1:25 PM, Mostlylost said:

As Mr. Spock would say  "it seems logical to deal direct with the company and not with a subcontractor" 

The company is this case often does not offer good service. They need more English speaking reps for those who need it. They are understaffed so there are long waits.