Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Cell phone service provider


cedros
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, oregontochapala said:

I have not noticed any issues with Telmex. Connections are good and I have never had a dropped call. The service is priced right with more data than I  can use, even when Telmex is down and it takes me less than a minute to buy a paquete on BBVA's app. I can't  imagine anything better.

Do you mean Telcel or Telmex?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, RickS said:

???   Best coverage throughout Lakeside?  Best price?  Best packages?  Best/most consistent data speed?    

Yes

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, SunFan said:

I find AT&T coverage spotty. For example there is no signal at S&S Auto on the highway in Riberas. Go figure.

SunFan

Interesting

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is little doubt that in most of Mexico especially outside of metro areas, and lakeside the actual coverage of Telcel is better with fewer blind areas. But since AT&T bought up a couple of companies they have been working to expand their network and to compete with  Telcel.

Both offer various options of pre-paid as well as monthly contract plans. Depending on an individuals needs one might be better than the other for pricing. 

When traveling in the US with a Telmex  Canada/USA/ Mexico plan Telmex uses the T-Mobile network which is not always the best coverage in the USA outside of metro areas. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mostlylost said:

That is because Telmex has about 75 million subscribers and AT&T Mexico about 28 million and growing. 

But I thought we were talking about cellphones. And my cellphone carrier is Telcel not Telmex

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

There is little doubt that in most of Mexico especially outside of metro areas, and lakeside the actual coverage of Telcel is better with fewer blind areas. But since AT&T bought up a couple of companies they have been working to expand their network and to compete with  Telcel.

Both offer various options of pre-paid as well as monthly contract plans. Depending on an individuals needs one might be better than the other for pricing. 

When traveling in the US with a Telmex  Canada/USA/ Mexico plan Telmex uses the T-Mobile network which is not always the best coverage in the USA outside of metro areas. 

Telmex?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, johanson said:

But I thought we were talking about cellphones. And my cellphone carrier is Telcel not Telmex

Yes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would use Telcel if they were not twice the cost of ATT. I prepay for a year and I get two years. That crap about coverage is just that... crap. I get data when some can't with Telcel at for instance Vista del Lago. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suspect that AT&T's coverage is better than it was a few years ago when they first came down. My experience with them was back then and their coverage was more spotty than Telcel.  Plus I drive between the border and Lakeside and I don't believe their coverage is/was as good. Maybe that has changed also.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

I would use Telcel if they were not twice the cost of ATT. I prepay for a year and I get two years. That crap about coverage is just that... crap. I get data when some can't with Telcel at for instance Vista del Lago. 

So what do you pay for 2 years of unlimited calls Mexico, USA, Canada,. Unlimited texts.,Unlimited social media & Whatsapp,  and what amount of internet per month?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Jim Bowie said:

My ATT is paid each 25 days, 150p. After 6  payments, I get one 25 days free. 2.3 GB + all the other stuff. Seems cheaper than the 2 year plan, no?

 

Yes

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...