Chapala.com Webboard

Correos De Mexico : Packages MIA, held/delayed?

MexLuis

It's an interesting development for those who have items shipped here for 2020.  Indeed, disappointing. 

Who is experiencing this?  Just curious.  There appears to be no resolution to this, for I have written the appropriate shipping/Mexico authorities.

This post is for those with first hand experience of the same:  You ordered items (not offered on Amazon) from US, Sent via UPS or FedEx-which were turned over to Correo Mexico.

It may also serve as a warning to those whom believe their costly items will come through Correos De Mexico!  Nope - find an alternate delivery transfer person to pay!

Have your packages sent by US companies, been held up or have they disappeared in transport via Correos De Mexico?

Are they telling you that you have to hire a customs agent service? 

Are you noticing that a Mercado Libre seller, just happens to be near the border, and also happens to have your item for sale???!!!!  These are odd items at that, and were not available on Mercado Libre, prior to my purchasing them through Vitacost.  Coincidence that the item shows up there after a months time? Hmmm

Well I've been in a tangle to get one of the sellers to refund that package cost, because it was shipped late March.

And the second package was shipped beginning of April.

PS: Amazon packages are the only deliveries which come through without a hitch from the USA.   

Unfortunately these items which are Supplement Powders, which I use in my smoothies.They are very costly, and it seems someone may have confiscated them for the *wrong* reasons.  All these items were delivered in the past without issues.  

I concur - try to avoid the use of Correos de Mexico for any packages delivered from Vendors NOB.  Biggest culprit seems to be items shipping from Vendors using US Mail (USPS).  Tracking is excellent until the hand-off to Correos de Mexico at the border.  There does not appear to be any integrated clearance service with SAT so the delays become horrendous and the products seem to go missing too frequently.  Amazon MX/US/CDN seems to be the best solution currently if you can find what you are after and the product is fulfilled by Amazon's excellent logistics service.  I have also has some good success with eBay IF the order can be shipped by Fedex or UPS but those couriers are more expensive than Amazon is with their International shipping.  I have never had an incidence of either Fedex or UPS handing off to Correos de Mexico because they operate their own Mexican networks.  Things appear to be changing as I noticed a recent eBay order coming in via UPS resulted in an email from UPS during the border crossing and the option to pay the IVA/brokerage fee on-line with a credit card.  Paid it promptly and no significant delays and delivered 2 days later by UPS Mexico.  Unfortunately, neither DHL or Estefeta are options available from most NOB vendors. My personal experience with Mercadolibre Mexico for domestic purchases/shipping has not been good so I avoid using them if I can.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ezzie said:

I concur - try to avoid the use of Correos de Mexico for any packages delivered from Vendors NOB.  Biggest culprit seems to be items shipping from Vendors using US Mail (USPS).  Tracking is excellent until the hand-off to Correos de Mexico at the border.  There does not appear to be any integrated clearance service with SAT so the delays become horrendous and the products seem to go missing too frequently.  Amazon MX/US/CDN seems to be the best solution currently if you can find what you are after and the product is fulfilled by Amazon's excellent logistics service.  I have also has some good success with eBay IF the order can be shipped by Fedex or UPS but those couriers are more expensive than Amazon is with their International shipping.  I have never had an incidence of either Fedex or UPS handing off to Correos de Mexico because they operate their own Mexican networks.  Things appear to be changing as I noticed a recent eBay order coming in via UPS resulted in an email from UPS during the border crossing and the option to pay the IVA/brokerage fee on-line with a credit card.  Paid it promptly and no significant delays and delivered 2 days later by UPS Mexico.  Unfortunately, neither DHL or Estefeta are options available from most NOB vendors. My personal experience with Mercadolibre Mexico for domestic purchases/shipping has not been good so I avoid using them if I can.

Thank you for this response.  I believe that in one case I was informed that I should go to where a package was held up and engage/hire a customs agent.  lol... yeah right.

The  IVA/brokerage fee on-line with a credit card, sounds legit, especially if the global DHL has handed the package off to Correo de Mexico.  It's good to know that request to you occurred, for I am currently in pursuit via Correo for another package. 

The other sounds a bit far-fetched and while it did not happen with these two packages for that hiring an agent.... That request had come through on an earlier package from what began as a DHL global ship from US, which was handed over to Correo de Mexico. 

Amazon Mexico and Amazon USA : All packages show and we have not had issues with either.

This is just good info, especially when rules may be blurring due to Covid related shipping challenges.

In March I ordered some fairly expensive instrumentation electronics (about $20,000 pesos in value) from a company in California that had their products for sale on Amazon.  I set my delivery address to iShop in SAT where I have a box#.   I thought I was going to be OK for delivery because of the Amazon logistics.  What I found out after shipping that they sent the order by USPS - no other options offered unless I could use my own courier account - which I don't have.  I was able to track the shipment to the border then it entered a black hole.  No further tracking info or updates.  After about 2 months waiting (the end of the delivery window) I contacted the Vendor via Amazon and my order was cancelled and the money refunded.  I encouraged the Vendor to arrange for Amazon logistics to handle their international shipments in the future but it seems this only is provided to Vendors who use Amazon's warehouses to inventory their products.  This specific Vendor only uses Amazon listings to generate sales but ship from their own warehouse.  I did continue to try and find out what happened to the shipment and about a further month later (in late June), iShop received a note from the Chapala post office that my parcel was there and that I had to go to the Post Office and pay the SAT tax and handling fees to claim my parcel.  The amount was about $5,000 pesos (arounf 24%) which I paid to get my box but there was no supporting paperwork or invoices - NADA.  Never again - this just is proof to me that Correos de Mexico and SAT are disconnected and not integrated for foreign mail/parcel handling.

That is a long time for you package to go MIA.  Mine has been missing since March. I have contacted Correo de Mexico, but do not expect this and another one to show, for coincidentally the same items were listed on Mercado Libre!!!!

Like I said.. Good info for those who wonder if something will get here and how to go about shipping.

For me, these Items are better off shipped to US location and then pay a service to take if further.  Recent border challenges limit the size of the packages that a service can bring in, but to get small items like supplements/protein powders, it is still doable... For now.  Who knows how further changes proposed today by the current administration will affect that.. hmmm... Maybe it is time to stock up a little bit more?

I am still "waiting" on 2 live from last year and was told by the post office here in Chapala that they were probably being held due to change over of political parties!  One from the use and the other from India....someone got a nice dress and someone else an order of supplements. GRRRRR

I have always had good luck ordering from the U.K., Royal Mail. Goes through CDMX rather than the U.S. Mexico border. Same items as U.S. but U.K. money is a bargain these days Ordered some vegetable and flower seeds, but they fullfilled the order from Hungary. Arrived CDMX, cleared customs, never to be seen again. My theory is that the postie wanted some Hungarian stamps for their collection. Mail from China is pretty reliable but takes a long time, especially if you choose the free shipping option. China currency also a real bargain right now.

USPS is a real mess right now. Not a statement of politics, but a statement of fact.

This is nauseating.  All for items that came through without a hitch prior, all because they were handed to Correo de Mexico!

This could be you, if your package is turned over to Correo de Mexico.  Be forewarned and escape this xxxxxx instructive letter!

This was the email that I received just this morning from Correo de Mexico, finally today, after many requests.  How would you feel if you were given this response?!?  

Good morning Dear user:

I inform you that the Customs Verifier at the time of reviewing your shipment #________________, for the content determined that it requires to be released through the services of a Customs Agency, as well as an "Import Permit" before the Federal Commission for Protection Against Risks Sanitarios (COFEPRIS), not omitting to comment that it is being protected by Correos de México.

So if you decide to hire a Customs Agent:

The Customs Agent must appear at the facilities of the Benito Juárez Air Dispatch Center at Av. Capitán Piloto Aviador Carlos León S / N Federal Zone of AICM, Col. Peñón de los Baños, C.P. 15622, Venustiano Carranza Delegation, Mexico City, from Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 14:00; with the following documentation as the case may be:

PHYSICAL PERSON.

Submit a power of attorney, one addressed to the AICM Customs Administrator (only the position, no name) and one to Correos de México specifying the guide number, internal control number, mentioning the name of the Customs Agency that hired, number of the patent and based on Art. 55 of the Customs Law, the guide and the internal control number, are cited in this notice sent to your home address.

* Copy of the official identification of the recipient.
  * Copy of the processor's badge.
  * Cutter and letterhead tape from the Customs Agency.
  * Each power of attorney must come with copies of the identifications of the recipient and processor.
  * Copy of the notice (if you have it)
MORAL PERSON.

Present a power of attorney duly signed by the legal representative of the company. One to the Customs Administrator of the AICM (Only the position, without name) and one to Correos de México specifying the guide number, internal control number, mentioning the name of the Customs Agency that hired, patent number and based on Art. 55 of the Customs Law, the guide and the internal control number are cited in this notice sent to your home address.

* Copy of the official identification of the Legal Representative.
  * Copy of the Articles of Incorporation or Power of Attorney where the name of the Legal Representative is underlined.
  * Copy of the processor's badge.
  * Copy of the notice (if you have it)
Each power of attorney must come with copies of the identifications of the addressee and processor.

The import permit must be processed by the person to whom the shipment is consigned, so it must be communicated to COFEPRIS 01-800-033-50-50 located in Oklahoma 14, Col. Napoles, Delegación Benito Juárez, C.P. 03810, Mexico City, in order to be provided with the corresponding information for processing, or failing that, a note indicating that it does not require an import permit.

Once you obtain your import permit, you have to send it in original along with the following documentation:

1.- Letter addressed to the AICM Customs Administrator (Only the position, no name), indicating the shipping number, internal control, name, address, telephone number and signature of the person to whom the shipment is consigned.

2.-Copy of official identification where name and signature appear.

3.-Invoice of the content, in addition to a copy if the payment was made by credit card where the amount appears.

The address is Centro de Despachos Aéreos Benito Juárez at Av. Capitán Piloto Aviador Carlos León S / N Federal Zone of the AICM, Col. Peñón de los Baños, C.P. 15622, Venustiano Carranza Delegation, Mexico City, attention to Special Procedures, preferably registered courier.

It should be mentioned that the resolution is given by Postal Customs and that this process takes about 15 to 20 business days, once your documents are received to have the answer.

In the same way, I inform you that according to Article 15 Universal Postal Agreement Paragraph II and III, as well as Articles 29 and 59 paragraphs II and IV, Article 60 of the Law of the Mexican Postal Service. For having fulfilled its term of law in accordance with the current regulations of Correos de México.

The deadline to carry out the corresponding release procedures expired on 08/04/2020, for which it is necessary that you request an extension, this in order to extend the period of stay of your shipment and therefore you can continue to carry out your procedures. For this, the following documentation will be required:

1.- Letter addressed to the CDA Manager Benito Juárez Víctor Hugo Rodríguez Gaucin, requesting an extension for 60 days. Said letter must contain the following information:

• Guide number.
• Internal control number.
• Full name of the recipient.
• Autograph signature of the same.
• Address and telephone.
2.- Copy of valid official identification with name and signature.

The documents must be sent in PDF format to the email

Buenos días Estimado usuario:

Le informo que el Verificador Aduanal al momento de realizar la revisión de su envío #_______________, por el contenido determino que requiere ser liberado mediante los servicios de una Agencia Aduanal, así como un “Permiso de Importación” ante la Comisión Federal para la Protección Contra Riesgos Sanitarios (COFEPRIS), no omitiendo comentar que se encuentra en resguardo por Correos de México.

Por lo que si decide contratar un Agente Aduanal:

El Agente Aduanal deberá presentarse en las instalaciones del Centro de Despachos Aéreos Benito Juárez en Av. Capitán Piloto Aviador Carlos León S/N Zona Federal de AICM, Col. Peñón de los Baños, C.P. 15622, Delegación Venustiano Carranza, Ciudad de México, de lunes a viernes en un horario de 09:00 a 14:00 horas; con la siguiente documentación según sea el caso:

PERSONA FÍSICA.

Presentar carta poder, una dirigida al Administrador de la Aduana del AICM (únicamente el cargo, sin nombre) y una a Correos de México especificando el número de guía, número de control interno, mencionando el nombre de la Agencia Aduanal que contrató, número de la patente y fundamentada en el Art. 55 de la Ley Aduanera, la guía y el número de control interno, se encuentran citados en presente aviso enviado a su domicilio.

*   Copia de la identificación oficial del destinatario.
  *   Copia del gafete del tramitador.
  *   Cúter y cinta membretada de la Agencia Aduanal.
  *   Cada carta poder deberá de venir con las copias de las identificaciones del destinatario y tramitador.
  *   Copia del aviso (en caso de contar con el)
PERSONA MORAL.

Presentar carta poder debidamente firmada por el representante legal de la empresa. Una al Administrador de la Aduana del AICM (Únicamente el cargo, sin nombre) y una a Correos de México especificando el número de guía, número de control interno, mencionando el nombre de la Agencia Aduanal que contrató, número de la patente y fundamentada en el Art. 55 de la Ley Aduanera, la guía y el número de control interno, se encuentran citados en el presente aviso enviado a su domicilio.

*   Copia de la identificación oficial del Representante Legal.
  *   Copia del Acta Constitutiva o Poder Notarial donde se subraye el nombre del Representante Legal.
  *   Copia del gafete del tramitador.
  *   Copia del aviso (en caso de contar con el)
Cada carta poder deberá de venir con las copias de las identificaciones del destinatario y tramitador.

El permiso de importación, deberá de tramitarlo la persona a la que viene consignado el envío, por lo que se tiene que comunicar a COFEPRIS 01-800-033-50-50 ubicados en Oklahoma 14, Col. Nápoles, Delegación Benito Juárez, C.P. 03810, Ciudad de México, con la finalidad de que le brinden la información correspondiente para su trámite, o en su defecto una nota en donde le indiquen que no requiere de permiso de importación.

Una vez que obtenga su permiso de importación lo tiene que enviar en original junto con la siguiente documentación:

1.- Carta dirigida al Administrador de la Aduana del AICM (Únicamente el cargo, sin nombre), indicando número de envío, control interno, nombre, dirección, número telefónico y firma de la persona a la cual viene consignado él envío.

2.-Copia de identificación oficial en donde conste nombre y firma.

3.-Factura del contenido, además de copia si el pago fue hecho con tarjeta de crédito donde aparezca la cantidad.

La dirección es Centro de Despachos Aéreos Benito Juárez en Av. Capitán Piloto Aviador Carlos León S/N Zona Federal del AICM, Col. Peñón de los Baños, C.P. 15622, Delegación Venustiano Carranza, Ciudad de México, atención a Trámites Especiales, de preferencia mensajería registrada.

Cabe hacer mención que la resolución es dada por Aduana Postal y que dicho trámite tarda alrededor de 15 a 20 días hábiles, una vez que son recibidos sus documentos para tener la respuesta.

De igual manera, hago de su conocimiento que de acuerdo al Artículo 15 Convenio Postal Universal Párrafo II y III, así como los Artículos 29 y 59 párrafos II y IV, Artículo 60 de la Ley del Servicio Postal Mexicano. Por haber cumplido su termino de ley de acuerdo a la normatividad vigente de Correos de México.

La fecha límite de plazo para realizar los trámites correspondientes de liberación expiró el día 04/08/2020, por lo cual es necesario que solicite una prórroga, esto con la finalidad de que se extienda el plazo de estadía de su envío y por ende usted pueda continuar realizando sus trámites. Para ello se requerirá la siguiente documentación:

1.- Carta dirigida al Gerente del CDA Benito Juárez Víctor Hugo Rodríguez Gaucin, solicitando una prórroga por 60 días. Dicho escrito deberá contener los siguientes datos:

• Numero de guía.
• Número de control interno.
• Nombre completo del destinatario.
• Firma autógrafa del mismo.
• Dirección y Teléfono.
2.- Copia de identificación oficial vigente donde conste nombre y firma.

Los documentos deben ser remitidos en formato PDF al correo e

• Haha 1

That is a reply for the record books Mexluis!

DHL once offered to get me an import permit. I don' t know what they charge. Now I need one for a unique liquid chemical. I have to ask again. Estafeta U.S.A. and Redpack USA  also offer this. Send them a link or photo of what you are hoping to buy. They will immediately know, or will personally ask Mexican customs. In CDMX only about 1 in 30 international mail packages are opened and inspected. Some countries are more scrutinized than others. I was quite surprised that much of the fentanyl poison was shipped from China to the U.S.A. was by international mail.

Forget about extensions, they return to sender within two weeks, which is not enough time to get an import permit.

Now I am curious as to what supplement got them so worked up? Spanish Fly😄😄😄😄?

Medicine and medical devices require an import permit. FedEx, DHL, or correos de Mexico are all the same. It does not matter what port of entry. 

There is no way of knowing which packages will be selected for opening & Inspection. If it is a prohibited item or an item requiring an import permit it either needs to return to sender or it will be destroyed. 

47 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

That is a reply for the record books Mexluis!

DHL once offered to get me an import permit. I don' t know what they charge. Now I need one for a unique liquid chemical. I have to ask again. Estafeta U.S.A. and Redpack USA  also offer this. Send them a link or photo of what you are hoping to buy. They will immediately know, or will personally ask Mexican customs. In CDMX only about 1 in 30 international mail packages are opened and inspected. Some countries are more scrutinized than others. I was quite surprised that much of the fentanyl poison was shipped from China to the U.S.A. was by international mail.

Forget about extensions, they return to sender within two weeks, which is not enough time to get an import permit.

Now I am curious as to what supplement got them so worked up? Spanish Fly😄😄😄😄?

image.thumb.png.fe4a625d463390574d7a9ae7ca81aa09.pngVery simply... 

I would not use UPS either,  took them to court twice, nothing but bad experences wth them.. Also they do not have offces in a lot of cities in Mexico. WIthin Mexico I use Estafeta and DHL to foreign destinations.. Fedex s my second choice for foregn destinations.. 

The mail is iffy in the STates as well. My cousin sent a book to New York from Paris 2 months ago.. she was able to trace the packet to the US but then no tracing... 

1 hour ago, lcscats said:

Supplements require an import license.  Could this be the problem and you just never got hit before?  They can't open every package. Just a thought. I don't know.

After doing more research, the difference is explained:

Packages that are handled by FedEx and DHL and not handed over to the Correo de Mexico, have passed through without this happening in the past.

It appears DHL even though the seller paid for Global delivery solely by DHL, did not receive that service.

All the other packages were delivered via DHL or FedEx and even though it took approx 5 weeks to arrive, they at least arrived without these other complications!

Just now, bmh said:

I would not useUPS either,  took themto court twice, nothing but bad experences wth them.. Also they do not haveoffces in a lot of cities in Mexico. WIthin Mexico I use Estafeta and DHL to foreign destinations.. Fedex s my second choice for foregn destinations.. 

The mail is ff n the STates as well. My cousin sent a book to New York from Paris 2 months ago.. she was able to trace the packet to the US but then no tracing... 

If you are sending packages internationally you must pay for international tracking.  If not when it is handed over to a different countries mail system the tracking ends. 

51 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Medicine and medical devices require an import permit. FedEx, DHL, or correos de Mexico are all the same. It does not matter what port of entry. 

There is no way of knowing which packages will be selected for opening & Inspection. If it is a prohibited item or an item requiring an import permit it either needs to return to sender or it will be destroyed. 

Somehow I do not think this was destroyed.  View item on Mercado Libre.. lol.. for an obscene price too.. wow... Over 10K pesos!  And I had two more items that suddenly appeared on the same website within a month of hitting the border/customs... hmmm!

1 minute ago, bmh said:

You are talkng about Mexico to foreign destinations? The French post offce dd not offer that option..

Speaking of packages that are shipped from the US, via DHL or FedEx, and then somehow turned over to Correo de Mexico even though the seller believed the entire shipping for that package would be in the hands of DHL or FedEx.

Just now, bmh said:

You are talkng about Mexico to foreign destinations? The French post offce dd not offer that option..

Then they are the exception. I have received packages with international tracking from USA, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, China, Germany, and Great Britain. and Belgium all with international tracking

Luis. Take the supplements "full disclosure" document to a qualified nutritionist in Mexico. I am sure they can recommend real/live foods as an equivalent. The morning " licuado" is a witch's brew tradition in Mexico as I am sure you know. Find the ones which energise you, and those are the ones you grow. No chemicals, especially if you grow from seed. Many you can find growing in the mountains too.

Expresso coffee is a great licquado by the way 😇😇😇😇

• Haha 1