Chapala.com Webboard

IZZI TV service

Yes it the old Telecable. Same TV coax cable that gives you TV gives you internet with a modem. They seem to be better than before according to my friends who have them for internet. Fastest speed is 10 down.  Since cable is shared in neighborhood it can slow down at heavy times more than Telmex DSL.  But in some places they are the only game in town until Telmex or ILOX fiber reaches the neighborhood. 

I've had their service for several months now and the speeds are usually between 12 - 14 mgs and it is quite stable. The upload is around 1 mg.  If you do automatic pay with you bank card they give you up to 15 mgs, but it hardly ever hits 15 but it is pretty close..  A phone also comes with the package, and I believe the company is now called 'Wizz'.   

image.thumb.png.2fd5f680c6dda44a2f249d414f6a91be.png

Actually, WIZZ TV service is not all in Spanish.  I get approx. 22 channels in English...most of the time.  The trick is to switch your TV remote to SAP on.  Channels 77 and 78 and maybe others are in English if you turn off the SAP and go back to stereo.  Even have channel 98 which is all Paramount movies with infrequent commercials.  Commercials will still all be local and Spanish language even with SAP on.  I've been watching the PGA on ESPN today on WIZZ channel 76.  But none of the major big 4 US networks. We only pay 300 pesos per month and it doesn't go off when it rains or when the internet is down.  We also have free streaming TV where we can watch anything...in theory but not live.  Has to be the next day.  We have Kodi, Cyberflix, Dream TV, Unlock My TV, and a couple of others for watching movies and series as long as somebody has put them in the cloud.  Alan

When you sign up for 10mb internet and agree to pay monthly with a debit card, they upgrade your speed to 15mb (approx). We just signed up with Wizz since Telmex phone/internet has been out of commission on our street for over a week with no response. 

Spanish TV great for absorbing spanish. I´m very impressed with the voice over quality, where do they find all these voices ?