Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex phone lines

bezerk

Sorry bezerk, but I'm up North hiding from the Coronavirus. If I were you, I might drop by the nearest Telmex office and check. Or hope for a more informative post than mine :)

When I got my line in 1997, they told me that there was a 10 months wait, but for a special fee, I could have it in a week. I later learned that this special fee I paid was a bribe :) . Was I mad. That was before I understood how things worked lakeside in the 90s.

3 minutes ago, johanson said:

Sorry bezerk, but I'm up North hiding from the Coronavirus. If I were you, I might drop by the nearest Telmex office and check. Or hope for a more informative post than mine :)

When I got my line in 1997, they told me that there was a 10 months wait, but for a special fee, I could have it in a week. I later learned that this special fee I paid was a bribe :) . Was I mad. That was before I understood how things worked lakeside in the 90s.

The local Ajijic Telmex office is closed, you have to call for the line procurement service.  Don´t have the number, but somebody will.

14 minutes ago, slainte39 said:

I have not heard of anyone not being able get a phone line in the 376 area code.

I am just posting what happened to me some 23 years ago in Ajijic. And I seem to remember being told that depending upon where you lived you might have a wait a month or 4 or whatever before getting your line. I guess I could have been played for a fool, because in those days, I was rather naïve. 

I know that slaint39 also remembers that when one phoned Joco or Guadalajara or most any place not close to ones home, not only did you need to dial more than 5 numbers but you were also charged long distance. Now we can phone all over Mexico and to some 50 to 65 countries free of charge

9 hours ago, ibarra said:

Call Telmex directly and ask them your question.  If you need English, ask for it and, be patient, they will eventually come on the line.   800 123 2222

Okay thank you, I am actually posting for a friend, will inform of such.

18 hours ago, johanson said:

johanson..yes the Telmex office is indeed closed. I think we have been here roughly same amount of time, 23 years ago I had to wait more or less 6 months for a phone line and mucho dinero.  I must have gotten taken as well,  naive.  LOL. Everything has a fee attached we now know.  I maybe should have gone north and hid as well.  :)