Chapala.com Webboard

Stimulus Check

Carrol

On May 1st I received a letter from 'Donald Trump' saying my check or debit card was on the way to me.  But here it is Aug.5th and  STILL NADA!

I went to the "Get My Payment" site and it said it had been mailed.  My bank has never received it either. Has anybody out there had this problem and resolved it?  I have filled out the IRS "Get My Payment" site and it won't print and states (again) my check has been mailed.  The P.O. here says many people here have the same complaint. I've tried the IRS 800 number and it does not work even when I dial 001 first. I've filled out the form and it will not print. 

Dagrabbitriffenschnaffer!!!!   What's a guy or gal to do!!!???  

On 8/5/2020 at 4:57 PM, ibarra said:

I posted several times too about the need to complete the Non-filers form.  Our funds were deposited shortly after form was completed. 

I filed the non-filers form about three months ago, and  8 weeks ago found the notice on Get My Payment that my payment had been mailed on June 12.  I have yet to receive either a check or a debit card.  I'l call that 800 number to see if I can learn anything.

EDITED TO ADD:  Late this morning, I did call the IRS number that dichosalocura posted.  The wait time to talk to an actual person at the IRS was said to be between 15-30 minutes; the actual wait time was about 45 minutes and it was worth every minute of it.  The person I talked with identified herself with an official IRS ID number, asked me for some data about myself, and opened up my ACTUAL FILE showing what had already been done to get my stimulus payment to me.  She read me chapter and verse that a) the direct deposit was attempted (but at a bank where I have never had an account, go figure) and b) the actual check was mailed to me (to the correct address in Morelia) on June 12, but has never arrived.  She said they would put a tracer on the check immediately, that the tracer would take about 6 weeks, and at the end of that time the check would be deposited to my USA bank account--and ONLY to my USA bank account, she was unable to find a way to deposit it to my Mexican bank.  She assured me that the IRS would notify me about the results of the tracer.  Then she walked me through changing the deposit account to my USA bank, which she assured me would not affect my Social Security deposits to my Mexican bank.  

I was amazed at her knowledge, her patience, and her willingness to stay on the phone with me until we were both sure the changes were accepted and the process was a done deal.  This is the IRS, folks, and I was impressed.  

I strongly recommend that if you have not yet received a check that was to have been direct deposited OR was mailed to you and has not yet arrived, call these people.  The wait time to talk to a live person is worth it.  Had I not called them, I would never have had a single hope of receiving the money.

The IRS Stimulus Payment number, calling from Mexico, is: 001-800-829-1040.  

Thank you immensely, dichosalocura, for posting that information.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since non-filers are people who normally don't file a tax return, what should a person who files tax returns every year do if he still hasn't received the check thru Mexican mail? My plan is to inform Treasury that my check has been lost and that I want them to do a direct deposit. Any ideas on how to contact them?

to kmetzger: Same boat as you. Get My Payment site says my payment was "scheduled" (sent?) for 22 May. I went to https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center#issuedbutlost to begin doing as you plan to do. Today, as the site suggests, I'll try calling 800-919-9835. If that doesn't work I'll file form 3911, linked on the site, and send to Austin. Good luck.

Has anyone that had a check mailed here bothered to ask at the post office? The check I got was sent registered mail and sat at the Chapala P.O. for 11 days before they attempted to go the three blocks to my home.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, kmetzger said:

Since non-filers are people who normally don't file a tax return, what should a person who files tax returns every year do if he still hasn't received the check thru Mexican mail? My plan is to inform Treasury that my check has been lost and that I want them to do a direct deposit. Any ideas on how to contact them?

The form is also for people who do not receive a refund.  If you don't receive a refund,  your direct deposit information is not on record with IRS.  It is on record with Social Security but not the IRS. The form is also available to update your direct deposit information if it needs to be updated.  Example: You received a refund in 2017, ( no refunds since then), and, you changed banks.  

42 minutes ago, ibarra said:

The form is also for people who do not receive a refund.  If you don't receive a refund,  your direct deposit information is not on record with IRS.  It is on record with Social Security but not the IRS. The form is also available to update your direct deposit information if it needs to be updated.  Example: You received a refund in 2017, ( no refunds since then), and, you changed banks.  

Thank you, ibarra.

I have been filing our US tax returns using our Mexico address and the Get My Payment site recently showed me that an EIP check had been "scheduled" to be sent on May 22. We haven't yet received it so today I called the number referred to on a linked IRS site ( https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center#issuedbutlost) for this situation: 800-919-9835. After a 40 min wait a helpful IRSer did some research from my tax return info and informed me that I had been scheduled to be sent a debit card, but was among a number of people who lived in certain locations we were sent nothing. She told me that I would receive a check--not a card--but could not tell me when it would be sent. She did tell me that there was nothing else I could do about the situation. Note: on our Mexican landline you dial 880 instead of 800 after 001.

2 hours ago, tombo said:

to kmetzger: Same boat as you. Get My Payment site says my payment was "scheduled" (sent?) for 22 May. I went to https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center#issuedbutlost to begin doing as you plan to do. Today, as the site suggests, I'll try calling 800-919-9835. If that doesn't work I'll file form 3911, linked on the site, and send to Austin. How about we exchange PMs about our progress? Good luck to both of us.

How do we exchange PMs? What's a PM?

Tried the non-filers form but got the following error: 

Here is your error:

Issue: Business Rule IND-515-01 - The Primary SSN in the Return Header must not be the same as the Primary SSN in another return filed for the same tax year.

I filled out tax info for 2018 because I didn't see any other way. No idea what's going on. I've been filing my tax returns all my life.

On 8/5/2020 at 10:44 AM, Carrol said:

On May 1st I received a letter from 'Donald Trump' saying my check or debit card was on the way to me.  But here it is Aug.5th and  STILL NADA!

I went to the "Get My Payment" site and it said it had been mailed.  My bank has never received it either. Has anybody out there had this problem and resolved it?  I have filled out the IRS "Get My Payment" site and it won't print and states (again) my check has been mailed.  The P.O. here says many people here have the same complaint. I've tried the IRS 800 number and it does not work even when I dial 001 first. I've filled out the form and it will not print. 

Dagrabbitriffenschnaffer!!!!   What's a guy or gal to do!!!???  

Dial 001880 I got thru almost immediately. Person told me they take the region into account for when check should have been received. For Mexico it's been 60 days since May 8th. Nine business weeks (63 days) is what triggers when check should have been received. She told me to go ahead and file IRS Form 3911

Regarding filling out the Non-filers form for those that have filed 2019 taxes and are not scheduled to receive a refund---  only fill out the banking information,  not the part regarding your income, you have already submitted a tax return.  You are using this form to alert the IRS of your banking information only.

2 hours ago, ibarra said:

Regarding filling out the Non-filers form for those that have filed 2019 taxes and are not scheduled to receive a refund---  only fill out the banking information,  not the part regarding your income, you have already submitted a tax return.  You are using this form to alert the IRS of your banking information only.

The IRS woman I talked to today told me that every part of that form HAS TO BE FILLED OUT.  She told me to click either button re the refund part and put the income amount as zero.  I did that, along with adding different banking information, and it was accepted without a hitch.

15 minutes ago, kmetzger said:

Thanks again, ibarra, but I get lost every time I try to submit my banking information with the non-filers tool. I keep getting only the tax return form. 

First you have to create an account.  Then fill out the form. Try this link: https://www.freefilefillableforms.com/#/fd/createaccount

As More Liana just stated, use zero for your income. 

I guess I've tried 7 times or more. Lately adding 0 for income and not checking the box for filing jointly or singly. Every time I finish page two and then "continue", I'm told to go back to page 2.

8 minutes ago, kmetzger said:

I guess I've tried 7 times or more. Lately adding 0 for income and not checking the box for filing jointly or singly. Every time I finish page two and then "continue", I'm told to go back to page 2.

You have an error somewhere.  You must complete all of the form even if your answer is zero.  Maybe sleep on it and try it again in the morning . 

Request rejected (7 or 8 times) Here is your error(s):

Issue: Business Rule IND-515-01 - The Primary SSN in the Return Header must not be the same as the Primary SSN in another return filed for the same tax year.

You must enter either your 2018 Adjusted Gross Income (AGI), or your 2018 five-digit self-selected signature PIN.