Chapala.com Webboard

We have been getting 10 or more spam calls a day from fake computer generated numbers for 3 weeks now. There is a real person on the call speaking in rapid fire Spanish. It is not Telmex. Fortunately my base unit on my phone system allows me to block numbers when I enter them.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or are my just lucky? If so, how did so deal with it without relying on medication? 

I don't know if it would help, but I copied this several years ago:

Hate those annoying telemarketer calls? You can block your number by putting yourself on the do not call list for financial institutions every 2 years here: https://webapps.condusef.gob.mx/reus/app/registro.jsp and for regular marketing calls here: https://repep.profeco.gob.mx/

We had a phone number for several years that had belonged to a man who skipped out owing many people money. We got collection calls and calls from what seemed like irate girl friends for a very long time.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, MtnMama said:

I don't know if it would help, but I copied this several years ago:

We had a phone number for several years that had belonged to a man who skipped out owing many people money. We got collection calls and calls from what seemed like irate girl friends for a very long time.

We have had this number for 13 years so I doubt that’s the case but that was a very good thought. 🙏.

I get up to 5 of those calls a day sometimes on my cell phone. Spanish recordings or live but in mostly unintelligible (to me) Spanish. I've basically stopped answering the cell; I refuse to break my neck running for the phone only to hear that someone has a "time-limited, today only special offer." Incredibly annoying. I can always check my call list at my own convenience and call back anyone I actually want to speak to.

• Thanks 1