Chapala.com Webboard

Weird CFE Bill (Solar Meter)

Been on solar for over 3 years and never gotten a bill like this. 

It appears they read the meter and entered the data for the electricity we used (top line), but ESTIMATED the energy we sold to them (bottom line).  And they "estimated" zero energy sold to CFE.  So instead of our usual minimum bill, we have a bill for nearly 600 pesos after IVA.  

The last reading numbers (lectura anterior) they used correspond with the bill prior to this one.  And the reading for electricity usage (lectura actual) is what we'd expect for this period. 

Don't understand why (or how) they estimated the energy we generated---aren't both data sets collected by the meter reader at the same time?  I assume these meters are read with an auto gun-type reader, but never seen the meter actually being read.  

Checked the meter yesterday after seeing the bill, and it's working fine.   

I checked our solar generation data and it shows what we would have expected to generate for these 2 months.  

Anyone with solar ever get a bill like this from a solar meter?  

1580184534_cferedacted.thumb.jpg.0530b4f022704d3e55aa385866d21670.jpg

Had something similar happen to me a couple of years ago. The CFE meter reader didn't record the second reading and I didn't get a credit for any electricity sent to the grid.

Fortunately I had a credit built up that covered the usage for that period and I wasn't billed. I would hate to have fought CFE to get a credit.

Good luck with your case. Keep us informed.

SunFan

• Thanks 1

Take dated photos of both readings  (used and sent) and keep for uses as needed.     Hopefully should resolve with next meter reading cycle and was just a human error / brain fart on a 1 time basis.     The solar meters used to be read separately by a dedicated reader, and on a 1 month cycle, now they are done with all the others so the 2nd reading may have been missed / forgotten.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I took several iphone photos of my meter....showing all readings.....then brought to our local CFE office.....my next bill will show the corrected amount because the meter reader only read ONE LINE. There was no hassle and an apology was issued by the clerk....she then wrote out a receipt showing the corrected numbers.

• Thanks 2