Chapala.com Webboard

Ajijic Electronics!

I cannot say enough about how absolutely fantastic they are. They repaired my 50 year old 3 speed Dual turntable and a couple of years ago did my 50 year old cassette player. Because of my recent disability, I could no longer reach the turntable so Michael Merriman rearranged some of the equipment  so that I could once more gain access to the turntable. A few years ago  he set up everything including our new Shaw receiver and new smart TV. The foto is before he set everything up the first time.

entertainment unit.jpg

• Like 1

I'm up north but have been using Ajijic Electronics since about 1997. I remember their telephone # it is 376-766-1117    When I first arrived we only dialed the last five numbers, you know 61117 then it went to  a few years later and we dial seven numbers, 766-1117 and now 376-766-1117.  Guess what is coming next.  I aint telling :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another great electronics repair shop is Teleservicio Hernandez run by Adan Hernandez 333 391 2925.  They are located on the Carretera near the corner of Juarez on the north side.  You can see the big TV in their front display.  He fixed the cassette function on my used Bang Olufsen stereo - an old but high end brand which I found here.  Also fixed up my old VCR and remote.  I still like my old electronics with lots of my old, favorite cassettes and VCRs, not going to give them up just go go digital.  I have something else to  play MP3 plus my computer for song videos. 

Another great thing about Ajijic Electronics is that they are experts about getting English programming from the north and about servicing satellite receivers etc. They are also a great sources for Satellite dishes, LNBs etc.

• Like 2