Chapala.com Webboard

LP Gas Prices

5 minutes ago, Yo1 said:

Gas prices are set by the government.They used to go up every month or so.  But they've been coming down for close to a year.

LP gas prices set by the government ?  If that is so how come different gas trucks charge different prices per liter..? 
Years ago the government used to set the price for gasoline, the price of gasoline would be the same everywhere,  but since they opened up the market the prices are different everywhere, gasoline is cheaper in Guadalajara than around Lakeside.

3 minutes ago, oregontochapala said:

Los Altos was $9.6 as of this morning.

I would guess that you got that price from what is painted on one of their truck's tank. From that you deduct the driver's discount offer, not painted, and mine was .4 pesos per liter if I bought 30 or more. 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 4:44 PM, artsnob said:

I filled my large tank which was close to empty. The bill came out almost half of what I paid 18 months ago on last fill, and I paid with credit card..Global Gas...

What you pay is not always what you get and the price seems to vary just like the weather and more dependent on the trustworthiness of the operators!!

On 7/30/2020 at 5:44 PM, artsnob said:

I filled my large tank which was close to empty. The bill came out almost half of what I paid 18 months ago on last fill, and I paid with credit card..Global Gas...

???   Prices 18 months ago were not double what they are today....

• Like 1

Strange delivery yesterday.  I tried to call Z-Gas for a bulk delivery - both numbers I have including the web site say service disconnected.  So I called the last driver's card I had.  Two guys came (they have been here before driving a Z-Gas truck).  They were wearing Z-Gas uniforms but driving a Vela Gas truck and the receipt they gave me was for Gas Los Altos.  Price was $9.60 per ltr.  What gives???

5 minutes ago, Ezzie said:

Strange delivery yesterday.  I tried to call Z-Gas for a bulk delivery - both numbers I have including the web site say service disconnected.  So I called the last driver's card I had.  Two guys came (they have been here before driving a Z-Gas truck).  They were wearing Z-Gas uniforms but driving a Vela Gas truck and the receipt they gave me was for Gas Los Altos.  Price was $9.60 per ltr.  What gives???

Maybe the Z gas truck was hijacked...