Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Recommended Posts

Each consulate has a FB and web site. Laredo is closed. I recommend Austin where I have clients being approved weekly. Others include El Paso, Del Rio, Boston, Atlanta, etc.To enter Mexico, the border never closed.

José Manuel Murillo   Consul in charge of visas department

mexicoenaustin@sre.gob.mx
jmurillov@sre.gob.mx

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting that Del Rio even has a Consulate.... small off-the-beaten-path town. There is a US Air Force base there, Laughlin, but...

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a email I received in Spanish (and I translated) from the head of the visa department at the Mexican consulate in Austin. In includes the financial qualifiers for a pre-approved temporary and permanent resident visa.

Dear Sonia:

I greet you with pleasure. Indeed many people I have interviewed at the Consulate General of Mexico in Austin as part of their visa application to reside in Mexico have mentioned your name. In fact, last week an American couple who processed her visa gave me your book, since they had two copies. I understand that it has become a bible for foreigners looking to retire in Mexico, because unfortunately it is often difficult to find accurate information in English. I myself have been learning about the subject, as I have hardly been in charge of the visa department for a few months, so the experiences of foreigners are very useful to me.

Regarding the financial solvency requirements for temporary and permanent residence, I share them below. I would like to mention that it is common for these to change since the amounts that a foreigner must verify are linked to the minimum wage in Mexico City. In January of this year, the minimum wage increased by about 20%, which affected the minimum amounts to verify financial solvency. Likewise, they are also subject to the exchange rate between the Mexican peso and the US dollar:

Temporary residence:

Original and photocopy of bank statements or savings accounts of the last 12 months showing a monthly final balance of $ 28,000 dollars

Original document and photocopy of Social Security that proves a monthly income per pension of $ 1,670 dollars for the last 6 months, as well as bank statements to verify the deposit of said salary or pension. In the case of salary, they must be accompanied by an employment verification letter specifying their seniority in the position and their salary, as well as pay slips.

Possession of real estate in national territory: original and copy of Public Deed granted before a Notary Public that proves that the foreign person is the owner of real estate, with a value that exceeds $ 222,000 dollars.

Permanent residence:

Original and photocopy of bank statements or savings accounts of the last 12 months showing a monthly final balance of $ 111,000 dollars.

Original document and photocopy of Social Security that proves a monthly income per pension of $ 2,770 dollars for the last 6 months, as well as bank statements to verify the deposit of said salary or pension.

Permanent resident visas can only be processed by retired people, that is, those who are over 62 years old and receive a Social Security pension, or who are under 62 years old and receive a pension from their last job (for example: from the army, teachers association, government offices, etc.).
In the case of the person you mention, there is no "prior approval" as such, but you can contact me directly to request a visa and I will respond by sending you the requirements and steps to follow.

I hope this information is helpful to you. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

Many greetings,

José Manuel Murillo
Consul in charge of the visa department

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RickS said:

Interesting that Del Rio even has a Consulate.... small off-the-beaten-path town. There is a US Air Force base there, Laughlin, but...

Their main role is to provide services to Mexicans so possible that is why.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the 'bank account level" and SS income an either/or?  There are not many folks who have $2770 in monthly personal SS income.  The average is around $1500 I think. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RickS said:

Is the 'bank account level" and SS income an either/or?  There are not many folks who have $2770 in monthly personal SS income.  The average is around $1500 I think. 

OR

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another question por favor. Does the definition of "Bank Statements or Savings Account" include CDs....Certificates of Deposit?  Many/most folks would not keep $111,000 in a checking account or basic savings account for a year as they pay no interest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Investments, savings, etc

All your answers are here: www.soniadiaz.mx

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2020 at 8:41 PM, Sonia said:

Each consulate has a FB and web site. Laredo is closed. I recommend Austin where I have clients being approved weekly. Others include El Paso, Del Rio, Boston, Atlanta, etc.To enter Mexico, the border never closed.

José Manuel Murillo   Consul in charge of visas department

mexicoenaustin@sre.gob.mx
jmurillov@sre.gob.mx

Laredo is NOT closed according to someone who called them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Laredo just opened.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, for months their web site indicated only open for emergencies and one could not make an appointment through SRE for the MX consulate in Laredo. The last time I tried to make an appointment for a client was Friday using SRE's web site and it was not possible. I also asked on their FB page on Thursday when they may open and they did not respond. Based on a post yesterday on Expats in Mexico i was informed they are now taking appointments for August so I believe starting this month they are scheduling appointments which is great as I have more than ten clients waiting to go. Even now when one goes to their web site they talk about emergencies and the page for types of visas remains blanks. If you have more up to date information please share.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2020 at 8:23 PM, blankletmusic said:

Are MX consulates in the US open for visa purposes and if so, may we cross the border with residente temporal visas for residence purposes?

We secured our Residencia Temporal Visas at Consulado de Kansas City on June 9, and made our entry into Mexico August 3, at Colombia Solidarity International Bridge Texas (about 20 mins west of downtown Laredo, TX) as had been recommended by many on a few Facebook groups we belong. Easy Peasy!  We were the only Gringos getting our Immigration and TIP. We arrived at the crossing 08:15am (never saw a US CBP on the way into MX) and were through with our paperwork, TIP and vehicle inspection all in half an hour. No hassle. No covid. Just told them we were moving to Lake Chpala, Jalisco area. Mexican inspector said it was beautiful there and let us through. Bienvinedos a Mexico!

We stayed on Toll-Roads, the whole way (much safer) and over nighted in Matahaula at Las Palmas Hotel (clean, safe and inexpensive with a restaurant). Drove to Lakeside next day. Tolls were under $80 USD (paid in pesos of course). Plenty of clean gas stations along the way. Excellent roads for 95% of the drive, and so was the scenery.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jubilacion said:

We secured our Residencia Temporal Visas at Consulado de Kansas City on June 9, and made our entry into Mexico August 3, at Colombia Solidarity International Bridge Texas (about 20 mins west of downtown Laredo, TX) as had been recommended by many on a few Facebook groups we belong. Easy Peasy!  We were the only Gringos getting our Immigration and TIP. We arrived at the crossing 08:15am (never saw a US CBP on the way into MX) and were through with our paperwork, TIP and vehicle inspection all in half an hour. No hassle. No covid. Just told them we were moving to Lake Chpala, Jalisco area. Mexican inspector said it was beautiful there and let us through. Bienvinedos a Mexico!

We stayed on Toll-Roads, the whole way (much safer) and over nighted in Matahaula at Las Palmas Hotel (clean, safe and inexpensive with a restaurant). Drove to Lakeside next day. Tolls were under $80 USD (paid in pesos of course). Plenty of clean gas stations along the way. Excellent roads for 95% of the drive, and so was the scenery.

 

If you continue to think and act with this typically Kansas City area mentality, moving to and living in Mexico is going to be a "piece of cake" for you.

! Bienvenidos y Mucha Suerte !   

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Jubilacion said:

 We were the only Gringos getting our Immigration and TIP. We arrived at the crossing 08:15am (never saw a US CBP on the way into MX) and were through with our paperwork, TIP and vehicle inspection all in half an hour. No hassle. No covid. Just told them we were moving to Lake Chpala, Jalisco area. Mexican inspector said it was beautiful there and let us through. Bienvinedos a Mexico!

We stayed on Toll-Roads, the whole way (much safer) and over nighted in Matahaula at Las Palmas Hotel (clean, safe and inexpensive with a restaurant). Drove to Lakeside next day. Tolls were under $80 USD (paid in pesos of course). Plenty of clean gas stations along the way. Excellent roads for 95% of the drive, and so was the scenery.

 

Could you please tell me what a "CBP" is?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2020 at 9:27 PM, slainte39 said:

If you continue to think and act with this typically Kansas City area mentality, moving to and living in Mexico is going to be a "piece of cake" for you.

! Bienvenidos y Mucha Suerte !   

Thanks. Retired early from Canadian Pacific Railroad and most recently Kansas City Streetcar.

KC Streetcar Chiefs.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, slainte39 said:

Who is that guy about ready to throw the football?...Patrick?  

That is the Half-Billion Dollar Man! Met him when the Chiefs paid to wrap this Streetcar last season. Real nice kid. They all were. People loved it and that was even before the season started.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...