Chapala.com Webboard

USA Notary

I do not trust nor do I believe the amateur lawyers here that say this is illegal.

Accepted in all 50 States

Our Notarized Documents are accepted in all 50 US States and abroad. Get started now to validate your identity and begin using our services.

https://www.onlinenotary.net/

Angus it is probably not legal in Mexico.    It says legal in all 50 states.  Last I checked Mexico was not a state.  Only certain types of notaries employed by corporations and such can do international signing.  This company is not one of them.  According to treaty mexican notaries should be accepted but alas we have found that they are not in the US.  Notaries are generally  licensed by the state and only accept business in that state or other states with agreements.

11 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

In all the years this service has been available not one person has said that the signature that was notarized was not accepted. Nary a dang one.

Yes true but I for one prefer a legal notary.  You have dangerous advice. My advice comes from my wife who was a  Notary, Mobile Notary and a Lawyer. 

12 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Are you saying onlinenotary.net is offering illegal services?

Seems odd that not one of the 50 states attys general have charged them.

This is not the US.  The way this service works is they have notaries for every state.  Every notary here has signed that they are in the home state they are licensed in. I am reluctant to trust a notary who lies and many do. I have witnessed them doing so many times. Yes international notaries exist but they are rare. Make sure they really are licensed to do international work.  I have met one in my life at my employer a Fortune 100 company. 

• Thanks 3

I have had a document apostiied for the USA in the past. Kind of a joke, as someone who would forge a Degree would also forge a stamp saying it is real;  No?

This is from a within the US view but I found it informative:

https://www.nationalnotary.org/notary-bulletin/blog/2015/07/notarizing-documents-from-other-countries

That article does answer the questions:

If you are in a foreign country, use a notary in that country.

A US Notary can only notarize within his home jurisdiction in the USA.

Simple enough, I think.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

That article does answer the questions:

If you are in a foreign country, use a notary in that country.

A US Notary can only notarize within his home jurisdiction in the USA.

Simple enough, I think.

Yes,...sorry, I thought I had made it clear that the link  was from within the US, but was informative.