Chapala.com Webboard

Travel Insurance for USA

Medipac was selling travel insurance to the USA to those wishing to transit to Canada by car or RV northbound with proof of IMSS or Seguro Popular coverage. They have now just stopped doing that. You have to purchase insurance before you leave Canada covering the entire period you are out of Canada which is very expensive.

I have found some US based companies that will cover the 5 days it takes to transit the US to Canada. The maximum amounts are 50 to 150K depending on company and your age. That may be enough especially if you have skymed or something like that as well, but under some circumstances it may not.  I still have to check if Canadian car insurance covers medical if you are in an accident. Medipac covered up to a few million. Does anyone here know of a Mexican company that will sell travel insurance for the US if you are a Mexican resident?,

Does anyone know of a Canadian company that will cover you? The only way around this otherwise is to leave my car in Mexico and take a flight to Canada, buy the insurance and fly back.