Chapala.com Webboard

Hey Mike is back and he needs some money....

'Hi, this is Mike.  Called you four days ago (he hadn't) and I've not heard from you.  Any chance you have sent the money?'  Mike I've been so busy I didn't get a chance to get to OXXO.  The OXXO in my neighborhood is closed  due to Covid-19 now so I can't.  And.... since I know you are the phone scammer I'm going to ring off now.  Adios.   He called about 2 years ago... perfect English, deep male voice, very professional, very friendly.  Just be aware.

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

Lots of break ins in the west end so,please be aware.  Times are tough for a lot of people  , hard times equal desperate means.

If you are referring to Ajijic, there have been a lot on the east side, right up to SAT, as well, mainly the La Floresta and Bugambilias area

Says the wannabe moderator. I believe the no crime reporting refers to local crimes, not online or telephone scams. And trying to scam someone isn't actually a crime if the mark doesn't fall for it. I don't think anyone can be prosecuted simply for lying to a stranger on the phone.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Upfront said:

so getting a scam call locally is not local crime. okay then. no crime reporting on this board. SOMEbody has to moderate since you have decide to become chief justice and make the legal rules now. guess you never heard of INTENT.

It's OK we have it covered and won't be needing your help.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2