Chapala.com Webboard

new covid stimulus based on 2019 tax returns

traderspoc

IRS to use figures off 2019 tax return.

also if you have not filed, you will probably get a it wired in your bank account if you get social security.

for those who did not get  the last payment , try filing a 2019 tax return to get in the system.

just add in the few dollar interest you may have had to efile with income.}

file it today on iRS free file

$1200 per person

but i have a friend who gets social security and did not get his first check

so i helped him file online his 2019 tax return,  this week, with few dollars bank interest he had.

we will see if that got him in the system,  i will help him file in feb 2021 and get first 1200 stimulus payments he missed

10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

That was for the first stimulus check, I was asking about what the "next" one will be

Don’t count on a second one. It may be a lot less — or nothing at all. Congress may go on recess with nothing passed.

Traderspoc appears to be clairvoyant. Yes, there is talk of another $1200, about reducing the $600/week jobless assistance to $200,  Republicans want 1 trillion, Democrats want more like 3 trillion..... BUT nothing has been decided and 'they' are still far apart on any given program. 

I would not believe ANYTHING anyone says about what is going to happen at this point, much less specifics. YMMV

• Like 1

I'm sitting in the US of A and things change daily if not hourly. Just heard that many Republicans are not happy with the Senate offering so their bill may even change. I assume there are continuing meetings 'offline' between the parties but there is a LOT of space between a $1 trillion and $3 trillion program. AND Congress is supposed to go on recess August 14th. 

yes they need to vote on it.  1200  will be it

money will come end of AUGUST  AND THROUGH SEPT

BETWEEN AUG 20 AND SEPT 31ST WHEN irs sending stimulus money

the point i am trying to get across, if you are qualified and did not get the first stimulus money, you may not get the second one next month.

unless you file a 2019 tax return, with  your social security income  and some interest