Chapala.com Webboard

WalMart employees not using masks correctly

I've been to WalMart twice recently and just wanted to give a heads-up to any folks who might need to be especially concerned about their health.  I saw maybe a dozen employees earlier today and none of them were meeting mask protocols except the young lady at the pickup desk near the exit.  Two cashiers when I was checking out had face shields and masks.  One had the mask below her nose with shield up and the other had the shield down and mask under her chin.  I went to the customer service area to suggest they pay a little more attention to how the employees were wearing safety gear.  I was confronted with three young ladies who were all wearing their masks below the nose or under the chin and all three had the shields up.  It was like talking to a wall.  No response, no comment, and no effort to correct their own gear.  So, there you go.  The customers are required to at least wear a mask covering the nose and mouth (I know some customers do expose the nose after entering) out of respect for the health of other shoppers and all of the employees but I guess we shouldn't expect the same level of respect from WalMart staff towards us.   Alan

We have a choice not to shop at stores where the employees are not following the safety protocols. Don't bother talking to the customer service staff- they are usually just as clueless and uncaring as the rest of the staff. Ask to speak to the manager, let him know they are losing your business because of this. Go once more to see if that made any difference, and if not, boycott them. There are many places to go shopping. Let's reward the businesses who are being responsible and not put our $ in the pockets of those who aren't.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

There wasn't a "manager" present on Sunday...only one of the young ladies at the customer service area.  Next time I go I will see if that manager is available.  I plan to live with it as I do with other aspects of life that don't always meet my criteria of "could be better".  I just wanted to give others who can't "live with it" a heads up as I stated pretty clearly in the OP.  I do shop other places and am hoping to see an improvement at WalMart next time I have to go there just like has happened at Pancho's.  JB why does "move" even come into the conversation?  Should I go to Texas where things are perfect?  Alan

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, barrbower said:

There wasn't a "manager" present on Sunday...only one of the young ladies at the customer service area.  Next time I go I will see if that manager is available.  I plan to live with it as I do with other aspects of life that don't always meet my criteria of "could be better".  I just wanted to give others who can't "live with it" a heads up as I stated pretty clearly in the OP.  I do shop other places and am hoping to see an improvement at WalMart next time I have to go there just like has happened at Pancho's.  JB why does "move" even come into the conversation?  Should I go to Texas where things are perfect?  Alan

Businesses not complying can be closed. File a complaint. They will be visited and given a warning to comply or be closed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, barrbower said:

Please don't go to Texas, Things are really bad there and you would be wise never to go there. Please tell all your friends that Texas people are crazies, and run around without masks, have guns, and are just complete $%&/()s that become unbalanced at any provocation. Dangerous there. Stay away. Just trying to help keep you and your friends safe !

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jim Bowie said:

Please don't go to Texas, Things are really bad there and you would be wise never to go there. Please tell all your friends that Texas people are crazies, and run around without masks, have guns, and are just complete $%&/()s that become unbalanced at any provocation. Dangerous there. Stay away. Just trying to help keep you and your friends safe !

One whole side of my family comes from Texas and my father and brother were born there. I am reminded of the old joke: "If I owned both Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell."

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

I wouldn't step foot there, nor do I envy anyone living there.

What a gawdforsaken state with a preponderance of $%&/()s residing there.

We appreciate all efforts to dissuade people from moving to Texas. Thanks and please continue those efforts. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

TESLA will be building a factory near Austin, Texas. Maybe the winds are changing..☺️

Yeah, and they'll probably try to bring their "California" ideas with them. Similar to how many people from the US and Canada move to Mexico and then start complaining about noise, loose dogs, crummy trash collection, crooked politicians, lax enforcement of environmental regs, etc., etc.

• Like 3

As of July 20th, WalMart in the entire US is requiring customers to wear masks.  You can Google it.  Secondly, I was born and raised in Texas and still have family living there.  "All my exes live in Texas" (1) is also true.  I recently spoke to my sister who lives in East Texas and she wears a Gov. Abbot mandated mask when she leaves her home.  She says it is quite rare to see another person doing the same...even inside stores.  So that is just one more reason to never return.  To quote an old song, "I feel like a stranger in the land where I was born."  Alan (not Debra)

By the way, when WalMart required the wearing of masks, it was soon made obvious that was only PR since they never seemed to enforce their own rules in the US stores.  At least here they try to enforce them and there are few incidents where violence is the result of those attempts...unlike Texas and other independent countries.

1 hour ago, barrbower said:

So that is just one more reason to never return.  To quote an old song, "I feel like a stranger in the land where I was born."  Alan (not Debra)

Smart move, Alan (not Debra). You will be much happier and free from worry staying here and never returning. Now if you could just figure out how to convince your family members of that so they could come and join you here would maybe be saving their lives. Don't give that idea up, maybe it will blossom soon and everyone can be at peace and worry free. As I said before, good luck and "stay safe" ! 

Actually WM and all the big box stores just announced they will not refuse to allow people without masks to enter. Trying to avoid confrontations. That's in the US. AA has advised they will refuse boarding to anyone without a mask, regardless if they have a medical reason to not wear one. We live in interesting times.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Actually WM and all the big box stores just announced they will not refuse to allow people without masks to enter. Trying to avoid confrontations. That's in the US. AA has advised they will refuse boarding to anyone without a mask, regardless if they have a medical reason to not wear one. We live in interesting times.

Interesting times indeed, when avoiding confrontation takes precedence over public safety measures. Maybe police should start "avoiding confrontation" and ignore drunk drivers weaving all over the road. Or how about WM start avoiding confrontation by letting shoplifters just walk out with whatever they fancy without paying for it.

Actually, since no one NEEDS to shop at Walmart, I think it's a great idea if all the anti-masker, COVID is a hoax bozos all go shopping there, infect each other to their heart's content, and let the rest of the more intelligent population shop in stores that do their part to safeguard public health.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

Interesting times indeed, when avoiding confrontation takes precedence over public safety measures. Maybe police should start "avoiding confrontation" and ignore drunk drivers weaving all over the road. Or how about WM start avoiding confrontation by letting shoplifters just walk out with whatever they fancy without paying for it.

Actually, since no one NEEDS to shop at Walmart, I think it's a great idea if all the anti-masker, COVID is a hoax bozos all go shopping there, infect each other to their heart's content, and let the rest of the more intelligent population shop in stores that do their part to safeguard public health.

Wow, so much bigotry in one post. The police ARE avoiding confrontations, or as much as they can, in the riots on the West Coast..yeah, nothing like watching your flag be burned by the great "thinkers" to really appreciate the true bozos. How about we stop shopping somewhere if we don't like/agree with their practices, but keep our meddling asses out of someone else's business otherwise? I have yet to read anywhere on these boards that anyone thinks Covid is a hoax, yet that's just not enough, is it? If we're not all in lock step with certain views, then the name-calling and suggestions of how to slowly roast oneself in Hell becomes the norm. 

"The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street"

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Expats who go around getting into confrontations with the locals sooner or later do not have a good experience from that behavior.

It's a difficult disease, not the end of the world, that is best handled with good personal risk management.  Rather like crime.  It is better to avoid criminals than to go around trying to correct their behavior.  No doubt there are studies out there (there's a study for everything these days) that prove this is likely to get one killed.

It is also not a religion though some of the posters here seem to hold it as such.  You can always spot this by the fervent, judgmental, demanding language.

:D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3