Chapala.com Webboard

WANTED – DOG OR PUPPY!  I am a solo active woman living in Ajijic. I am interested in a male dog prefer already house broken/BUT PUPPY WILL DO, BUT CANNOT GET BIGGER THAn 10 POUNDS.  PREFER MALE but would consider FEMALE

1- Under 10 pounds!

2- Hopefully already house trained but ……

3- no shedding/low maintenance

4- little barking 

5- loving (Love will be returned 10 times more!)

I am looking into YORKIES (BEST)but mixed breeds of Shih Tzu, Chihuahua, Yorkshire Terrier, Havanese, Maltese will do.

I am looking for a CUTE dog, but beauty of course, is in the eyes of the beholder. I am older and have been diagnosed with PTSD, so this would be an emotional support dog as well. His or her job is to love me. I have SO much to return.  I CAN BE FLEXIBLE except for the size, shedding & pug nose.

IF YOU CAN PUT ME WITH A BREEDER, OK- I WILL GO THAT ROUTE!!!!!!IT IS LONELY WITHOUT A FUR FRIEND!- mate..

I live in house I own on a privada in Ajijic with a walled in grass play area- plenty of room for a small dog in a small yard.  I can also have a doggy door made. I cannot have a dog with a pug nose as I may fly with it (my daughter in airline industry).

In the past have been here in rentals not allowing dogs, & now I have my own place.  Now is the time.I DO NOT HAVE A CAR. I would have a friend or driver take me to you if you want to introduce me to any dogs.

Edited by Joyinmexico
took out my email address not needed

As I said before, be patient. It will happen. Many years ago we decided we wanted a Corgi. I watched all the local shelter's Websites, saw a few dogs who didn't seem right, and after many months, a friend told me there was a young female Corgi at a local shelter. Long story short, I brought her home and she was my husband's heart dog until she crossed the bridge a few years ago. A year after we got her, I decided we needed another Corgi and called the local Corgi Rescue. Six months later they called and said, "We have your dog". He was my special heart dog until he died at 14 1/2.

I just know your special dog is out there and you'll find each other. Be patient and be ready.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2020 at 3:16 PM, Joyinmexico said:

WANTED – DOG OR PUPPY!  I am a solo active woman living in Ajijic. I am interested in a male dog prefer already house broken/BUT PUPPY WILL DO, BUT CANNOT GET BIGGER THAn 10 POUNDS.  PREFER MALE but would consider FEMALE

1- Under 10 pounds!

2- Hopefully already house trained but ……

3- no shedding/low maintenance

4- little barking 

5- loving (Love will be returned 10 times more!)

I am looking into YORKIES (BEST)but mixed breeds of Shih Tzu, Chihuahua, Yorkshire Terrier, Havanese, Maltese will do.

I am looking for a CUTE dog, but beauty of course, is in the eyes of the beholder. I am older and have been diagnosed with PTSD, so this would be an emotional support dog as well. His or her job is to love me. I have SO much to return.  I CAN BE FLEXIBLE except for the size, shedding & pug nose.

IF YOU CAN PUT ME WITH A BREEDER, OK- I WILL GO THAT ROUTE!!!!!!IT IS LONELY WITHOUT A FUR FRIEND!- mate..

I live in house I own on a privada in Ajijic with a walled in grass play area- plenty of room for a small dog in a small yard.  I can also have a doggy door made. I cannot have a dog with a pug nose as I may fly with it (my daughter in airline industry).

In the past have been here in rentals not allowing dogs, & now I have my own place.  Now is the time.I DO NOT HAVE A CAR. I would have a friend or driver take me to you if you want to introduce me to any dogs.

cjfendel@gmail.com   

There is a very active rescue community here.  I suggest you turn to Facebook to spread the word.  The sites I would start with are Lakeside Advocates for Animals and Bone Voyage.  The more of us that are aware of your search, the more likely you will find the right dog.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was not aware a new shelter opened I know there is Doggie guard or Doggie Workers facility that does activiites, day care and overnight care. Looks interesting. 

Do you know the name of the new shelter? 

On 7/29/2020 at 9:51 AM, Kyle said:

Have you tried the new shelter that just opened in West Ajijic?  Sorry I don't have contact info, maybe someone on this site can provide that 

I would put your request on FB for more attention, this site seems to get much less exposure. 

If that little sweetie does not meet your requirements along with all the other "stipulations"  you posted at the start, it's time you put on your big girl pants, get on MercadoLibre, and find a breeder in Jalisco who can meet your exacting needs.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

Have you ever traveled with a dog on international flights?

perhaps you have had spinal surgery with concurrent weight lift/carry restrictions?

Are you a retired care giver with ptsd from absorbing other people’s pain, grief, sorrow and effing angst for 20 years?

probably no to all of the above?

bunch of #@$%§£¥
She’s looking for a dog to meet her needs, as she sees fit and has every right to do so.

Patti

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

MY GOODNESS there are a lot of opinionated people here who put in their 2 cents in  but never ask why my puppy/dog needs are so strict. Do you want a letter from my therapist or my orthopedic surgeon about these specific special needs? My only family, one child is a 3 hour flight and I MORE THAN qualify for an emotional needs dog but many airlines are easier to work with IF the animal can easily fit under the seat ( and I want it comfortable) and many airlines do. indeed weigh them.  I hope to see my child with my pup before I die. Small request I am sure you all never thought of. 

A few quick thoughts on buying a purebred puppy.

First, have you raised many puppies before? They are a lot of work and can be very stress producing. Not all dogs are natural emotional support dogs - the puppy may need training. Do you have plans for this?

Responsible breeders of small-breed dogs never place a puppy before 12 weeks. Some wait until 16 weeks. THe puppy will have had all its shots, and learns a lot of puppy and house manners from its mother. It will also have a stronger immune system and be healthier. Responsible breeders also health test their breeding stock for any problems common to the breed.

Meet both puppy parents if possible. At least the mother dog and be sure she is friendly, and appears healthy.