Chapala.com Webboard

Dysfunctional CFE website

I've been trying to view my two bills since mid June and the site constantly says no information is available, try again later.  I'm corralled on a tiny Caribbean island until at least Nov. as we are locked out for routine travel out of or into the island otherwise I might have come back but for now I feel safer right nere with no cases.  My renters had to return to the US suddenly for health reasons so I'm hoping my housekeeper will find the paper bills thrown under the bodega door for me if they're still delivering them.  The June ones did come but the renters couldn't find them in their rush to get out of Dodge and could only give me a rough estimate as to what they thought they were.  Fortunately they are autopaid from my Bancomer account.  That is also a Catch-22 as to look at your account online you need a functioning Mexican cell phone number.  In the past when I traveled I had ATT and I could just turn on roaming for a minute to get the code.  Without realizing I was messing myself up, I changed over to Telcel last year as they would let me keep my number for up to a year without any pesos being put on it that I couldn't use and ATT wanted a bimonthly top up for nothing.  When I tried to roam on Telcel from the tiny island phone company here, no go, it won't connect.  They're still in the 90s as to cell service...they charge 10 cents a minute to call another number on their own system and 25 to call a local land line!  This has driven everyone to use Whatsapp on wifi and the cell employees just roll their eyes.  So I can't see my bank account or any bills paid.  Unlike US banks, Bancomer has no way to send you a code by email...so secure you can't use it.  Arrgh!

Is anyone else finding the CFE website down or it is just a phenomenon for me from this IP address?  I've also tried it with my VPN and get the same no go website message on the homepage.

I just tried to access the "Mi Cuenta" page from the CFE website and it's showing an HTTP2 Protocol Error. url is: www.cfe.mx/Casa/Mi-cuenta/Pages/default.aspx

I'm not on an island currently and this is the bookmark I use every 2 months to login and view my bill, so I suspect CFE is experiencing some sort of outage.

update: looks like I need to change my bookmark. Now the account login is done directly from https://www.cfe.mx/Pages/Index.aspx

I just successfully logged in with my saved credentials and I can see my bill and account status.

Just now, AngusMactavish said:

For you but I get this message when I enter my account and have for well over a month.

Capture.PNG

clear your cookies.  clear your cache    try a different computer   try a different browser

The problem is not CFE's website .......again  working right now just fine.  

3 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

clear your cookies.  clear your cache    try a different computer   try a different browser

The problem is not CFE's website .......again  working right now just fine.  

The site works fine and all my other past info is there, just not the current. There is a problem with their accounting system for some subscribers.

2 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

The site works fine and all my other past info is there, just not the current. There is a problem with their accounting system for some subscribers.

I agree there must be a problem with some accounts in their system if some have no problems, some have partial problems, and some might have total problems like I do.  I carefully followed every bit of advice given above:  cleared cookies and cache, restarted laptop in Chrome, swtiched over to Edge, did the same on my Chromebook, downloaded the CFEAmigo app to my non-Apple phone, tried every link that worked for others listed above and was greeted each time with important:  information not available at this moment, try again later.  Anybody have any other workarounds?

41 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

I think you are seeking more info than this, but you can at least see your current balance due if you go to Xoom.  No history, no details, just the amount due.  You will need your CFE account number.   

Thanks, that is all I need and I do have my account numbers.  I signed up to Xoom and navigated through every part of the website but could find no way to get a CFE balance.  Can you give the details on how to accomplish this please?

I start at this page.  You have to pick the Country, then hit Pay Bills.  It will offer Electricity, click on that.  Then pick CFE (only choice in MEX for electric), enter account number, then hit Show Balance.

https://www.xoom.com/mexico/pay-bills

At Xoom home page, it defaults to Send Money (it's a PayPal product).  But look towards top main screen for Pay Bills.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, I tried all that but I think I chose the country from a different page and not the Pay Bills one which didn't lead me to the CFE.  At least now I can keep track of it until I can get back home.  I just have to remember to check it between reading day around the 15th and autopayment date on the 28th every other month or the info will be gone.

22 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

I start at this page.  You have to pick the Country, then hit Pay Bills.  It will offer Electricity, click on that.  Then pick CFE (only choice in MEX for electric), enter account number, then hit Show Balance.

https://www.xoom.com/mexico/pay-bills

At Xoom home page, it defaults to Send Money (it's a PayPal product).  But look towards top main screen for Pay Bills.

Thanks for this info. What type of fees does Xoom charge? Or do they make their fees off the exchange rate?

It was US 2.99 to use it.

I used Xoom once, when the Stay at Home order was about to be issued.  Thinking it might last a while, I wanted to do a pre-pay (anticipado) on my CFE for a few months (we have minimal bills thanks to solar panels).  At that time I thought the only way to do an anticipado in cash was at the CFE office.  I figured paying a few bucks to do it online was better than going to the CFE Chapala payment lobby which can be crowded.   

However, since then I found that you can make a CFE anticipado payment at one of the machines in the lobby of the Ajijic Bancomer (an easy stroll for me).  There is no fee charged for this at the ATM. That branch of Bancomer has been diligent in limiting customers using the ATM area, spacing them out nicely.  Avoid going on the 1st or 15th of the month as for many those are paydays.  

I also bring a bacterial wipe with me when I use any ATM.  

• Thanks 1