Chapala.com Webboard

Chopo PET scans

8 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Maybe if there is a higher utilization of the machine, the price comes down...but wait that is not the Mexican logic!

It costs more than that if you pay privately in Canada. Where's your logic? Nothing to do with usage, as it's the most expensive MRI usage anywhere.

Just now, lakeside7 said:

Why are you talking about Canada I thought you were sharing about your experience in Mexico

I did with my OP and you decided to insult Mexicans with no knowledge about what a PET scan is or it's cost. To help you further about cost the average cost in the US is $5750 and can be  as high as $9225 USD.. 24999P = $1l23USD.

33 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

I did with my OP and you decided to insult Mexicans with no knowledge about what a PET scan is or it's cost. To help you further about cost the average cost in the US is $5750 and can be  as high as $9225 USD.. 24999P = $1l23USD.

Perhaps you can quote my "Insult" or have you mixed me up with an other poster? TYIA

19 hours ago, happyjillin said:

In 1 1/2 years they went from $23000+p to only $24999p. Not huge inflation!

Actually, when you look at the Dollar vs Peso 18 months ago and now, it's cheaper now when user is using converted dollars to pay!

7 minutes ago, Mitch said:

A bit off topic but I have used Chopo several times and found their test results to be the easiest to read compared to other labs and always found them to be professional..

I have also found them to be very professional . When having a chest X ray they provided a disc (rather than the big film) and a Radiologist report, and slight less expensive than Hospital San Antonio 

29 minutes ago, Lily H said:

The last 10 days I had appointments with two architects, one with a porch screen guy and one man from a nursery to plant 30 bushes. Everyone came either on time or early. Tried to make a hair appointment and she called the same day on a Friday evening.

I'm lucky!

I am lucky too. Twelve years living here full time and have mostly positive experiences with workers. Certainly nothing so horrible I would be angry at a whole culture. And if I was growing cynical and bitter I would certainly find a different place to live, one where I fit in better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Xena said:

I am lucky too. Twelve years living here full time and have mostly positive experiences with workers. Certainly nothing so horrible I would be angry at a whole culture. And if I was growing cynical and bitter I would certainly find a different place to live, one where I fit in better.

I real do not want to be preach to by other posters as being cynical or bitter. I wonder how many other long in the tooth sages( Pedro quote-  you decided to insult Mexicans) who have been around for hundreds of years  living here...... but the only interface they have experienced,  is with their maids or gardeners . 

Have none of you befriended Mexicans of your similar social and economic circumstances??? Talk with any large or small business owners  etc.,  who also  express the same observations that I have made. 

I wonder how many of these "no show" people are your surgeon or god forbid in charge of the local police or fire department ...don't worry we will belong shortly!!

1 hour ago, lakeside7 said:

I real do not want to be preach to by other posters as being cynical or bitter. I wonder how many other long in the tooth sages( Pedro quote-  you decided to insult Mexicans) who have been around for hundreds of years  living here...... but the only interface they have experienced,  is with their maids or gardeners . 

Have none of you befriended Mexicans of your similar social and economic circumstances??? Talk with any large or small business owners  etc.,  who also  express the same observations that I have made. 

I wonder how many of these "no show" people are your surgeon or god forbid in charge of the local police or fire department ...don't worry we will belong shortly!!

I did not say you were cynical and bitter. I talked about my experience living here and what I would do if I found myself becoming cynical about the culture. Am I not allowed to say that?  If you make a comment on a web board not every comment made after that is about you. I do like how you twist around to the old, familiar conjectures about total strangers, their lives, and friendships. It is so trite and boring. I do not care what your experiences have been. I still have had the experiences that I have had. I still have my opinion. I still would leave any place that did not suit me. Surprise! It is not all about you.

• Thanks 1

I have been very happy with Chopo until I went to the new place.. They did a lousy wirk on my exrays and two of my doctors daid the xray were very  bad..I need new xrays.. any recommendations?  My doctors say Guadaljara but I cannot go there  for a while